Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2022

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Piya

Re: Buckinghamshire allocations March 1st 2022

Post by Piya »

hello all,

is there anyway of knowing if all the bucks schools have offered all their places or if there are any schools that still have places currently unallocated? my daughter didn't get offered the two bucks grammars we put down and I'm wondering if it's worth changing one of my preferences to a different one that may have places (or maybe I'm just clutching at straws here!) Any helpful advice gratefully received.

thanks.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Piya wrote:hello all,

is there anyway of knowing if all the bucks schools have offered all their places or if there are any schools that still have places currently unallocated? my daughter didn't get offered the two bucks grammars we put down and I'm wondering if it's worth changing one of my preferences to a different one that may have places (or maybe I'm just clutching at straws here!) Any helpful advice gratefully received.

thanks.

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/451803 ... 22-v1.xlsx

Any school which says 'all applicants offered' - with no further qualification - may have places still available.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Piya wrote:hello all,

thanks.
As you will have seen from that link, no grammar schools were all offered, so there are currently none with spaces.
I know Burnham Grammar was one you were interested in. Last year the distance did not move out in the next two rounds of allocations. I note that few of the schools admitted children further out after the first round last year. I think there must have been a lot of families who moved close to schools in the summer term. Of course, it doesn't mean it will be the same this year.
The process for doing this is here. You will be automatically added to the waiting list for schools that you didn't get (that were above the one you were alllocated on 1st March). You can't change your preferences until after April 1st, at which time it replaces your original application.
scary mum
Piya

Post by Piya »

thanks both.

so I guess I will just have to sit tight for the further allocation rounds.
I am on the waiting list for the two Bucks schools but do I submit an appeal now or do I wait until the other allocation rounds have completed before appealing?

thanks again!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Piya wrote:thanks both.

I am on the waiting list for the two Bucks schools but do I submit an appeal now or do I wait until the other allocation rounds have completed before appealing?

thanks again!
best to get on with submitting appeals - the fact that you have submitted an appeal will not affect the way in which the waiting list / allocation rounds works
Piya

Post by Piya »

hermanmunster wrote:
Piya wrote:thanks both.

thanks again!
best to get on with submitting appeals - the fact that you have submitted an appeal will not affect the way in which the waiting list / allocation rounds works

thanks
deeps79

Post by deeps79 »

Hi Everyone
Any idea by when council mails about the update on 1st if you have been offered a place.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

deeps79 wrote:Hi Everyone
Any idea by when council mails about the update on 1st if you have been offered a place.
TBH suspect could be anytime up until they close for the afternoon.
deeps79

Post by deeps79 »

hermanmunster wrote:
deeps79 wrote:Hi Everyone
TBH suspect could be anytime up until they close for the afternoon.
Thank you for quick revert.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The second round allocations are now on the Bucks website here.
All the grammar schools appear to have made further offers, which is quite unusual.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now