On Sir Henry Floyd Waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
chappers

On Sir Henry Floyd Waiting list

Post by chappers »

Hi all

We put Sir Henry Floyd Grammar as our first choice and Aylesbury High School as our second choice. We've been offered a place at AHS today as we have just missed out on distance despite being in catchment. This year they have offered out to 7.7m and we are 8.49 (last year went out to 12m). My daughter was dead set on going to the mixed grammar so will be disappointed (she doesn't know yet as at school).

I have accepted the offer and will stay on the waiting list for SHF but wondered if anybody could tell me on past experience whether there is any chance of a place coming up? The don't tell you your place on the list until April 1st apparently.

I appreciate this may be an unanswerable question but want to be able to give her a realistic view later and not get any hopes up.

Thanks
scary mum

Re: On Sir Henry Floyd Waiting list

Post by scary mum »

All you can do at this stage is have a look at the previous years' allocations and see how much movement there was to give you an idea., but each year is different as you have already noted.
Things will be clearer when you get your waiting list number. There is a lot of shuffling aorund between ow & September.
scary mum
chappers

Post by chappers »

Thanks Scary mum. Where do I find the info on movement to get a feel for it?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The link is in the first post in the sticky about today's allocations in Bucks. I'm on my phone at the moment but can add it here later if you can't find it.
scary mum
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Allocation statistics at various points of the year are detailed here
https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... ol-places/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chappers

Post by chappers »

Thanks!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

They seem to have "tidied up" the page on the Buckinghamshire Council website, leaving only the March allocations for last year.
On March 1st SHFGS was offered to 12.255 miles. No further places were offered in the second or third rounds (April & May). I don't know if any more were offered after that, but if they were it would be very few.
scary mum
chappers

Post by chappers »

Thanks Scary mum. Yes I think this may be the first year that people in my postcode wouldn't have got in - we've just missed out. Obviously we're a victim of the recent increase in popularity of the school or maybe a higher pass rate than normal (or both) We'll cross our fingers but I think best to be realistic that things will likely stick as they are with our offer.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now