Good Luck to all those taking the 12+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
traccb

Good Luck to all those taking the 12+

Post by traccb »

Hi - I just wanted to wish everyones children good luck in the upcoming 12+ tests. I really hope they all do well and that it makes up for the disappointment that I know many of you have had. Hopefully I will be joining you in the process next year and would really like to hear of your experiences eg what did your kids think of it all (preparation. the test etc now that they are a year on - older and wiser !!). GOOD LUCK :D
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Thank you, your good wishes are much appreciated - and needed :x

The Bucks 12+ happens on Mon 7 and Tues 8 and I will post a note in the 12+ section next week or how the day was for my son.

I believe the 13+ happens next week as well but don't know where or when, perhaps someone out there is involved with that this year and can enlighten us at some stage.

Thanks again

Ambridge aka 12+ Elf xx
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Ambridge [aka 12+elf]

The 12+ and 13+ are technically called the late transfer test.

It is the SAME test for all entrants [except the 2 founadation schools] There will be children from both age groups at the various sittings.

As per the 11plus can we all refrain from reporting the types and actual questions, there will be a number of sittings throught the current school year, all using the same test.

Good Luck to All...

Patricia
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

May I add my good wishes - it is a chance to right a wrong -
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I wish everyone whose children are taking the 12+ the very best of luck, especially you Ambridge, my 12+ elf. :D

It will be an anxious few weeks for you all, but I really do hope that you see justice done this time round. I will be watching and waiting!

Sally-Anne
Rosey

Post by Rosey »

Sally-Anne wrote:I wish everyone whose children are taking the 12+ the very best of luck, especially you Ambridge, my 12+ elf. :D

It will be an anxious few weeks for you all, but I really do hope that you see justice done this time round. I will be watching and waiting!

Sally-Anne
Me too!
nif229

Post by nif229 »

I would also like to wish all the children taking their 12+ next week the very best of luck. I shall be thinking of you and your families and hope that you all get the result you so deserve. When will the results be out?

Best Wishes
Jen x
Ambridge

Report back on 12+

Post by Ambridge »

Well it was fine and its now over :lol: :lol: :lol: .

We were all calm, cool and collected until 5am this morning when my son woke up having dreamt of doing a hard 12+ paper which he couldn't answer, so sad, what must have been going through his head, my poor soldier!! :wink:

Strange cos we all had a nice Sunday evening, played some board games and watched tv, he read in bed, all very normal or so we thought!

Anyway, pushed hubby out into spare room and we lay there chatting about holidays, talking football (as you do at 5.15 am) listened to the dawn chorus which was soooo loud this morning, serenading us with good wishes I think!

I eventually got up and made brekkie at 6.45 and my son was a happy bunny again and announced he had no nerves and 'bring on that test'!!

Moving on to the test, it was busy and bustling at The Grange, a few crying kids and as I looked around, virtually all boys, hardly a girl in sight, not sure what this means, do we push boys more or do boys mature later - amazing though, might just have been how they split up all the examinees?

The exam was fine, only 10 or 11 question types covered plus an additional maths type section which was unfamiliar but ok, answer sheet which is different from 11+ is ok, apparently no examples of question types but you had to read the instructions step by step?? at the start of each section?

Everyone concentrated, no sobbing or sniffing, a few dropped pencils, a grumpy invigilator (sorry if you are reading this, it's what my son said!), timings given at mid way and five mins to go. Heating on in exam room as it was a cold day.

Freezing cold waiting outside for them to appear and very nerve racking! Talked with other families/parents and then we saw all their little smiling faces and I think, in the majority everyone seemed relieved, my son had colour in his cheeks as oppose to the white/terrified look he had going into the room and we whooped and yelped off to the car, relieved (him and me that it was all over)!

Sign up saying results by end of May and school allocations by end of June if successful.

So it's done and dusted, he feels the exam was fine, he finished with 6 mins to go, looked back at 6 or 7 which he had noted on his paper. It seems there are two 12+ papers 2A and 2B so they obviously alternate them from one day or one session to the next which makes sense.

Good luck to all those out there, do pm me if you have anything more specific to add to your childs' exam as we don't want to give anything away on the forum.

Another 6 or 7 weeks waiting still to go - fingers crossed.

Ambridge aka 12+ Elf x
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Dear Ambridge/12+ elf,

I've been thinking of you and the others all day. :D

It sounds as though it went well, with no serious traumas.

I'm always sad to hear of children crying on the way in though. It really shows how much pressure they feel. However, better that than reports of them crying on the way in than on the way out.

I am very surprised at the late timing for the results this year. I would hope that Bucks will do everything they can to improve on that, because the knock-on effect for any Appeals could take final allocations into the last couple of weeks of the summer holiday. That is very unsettling, to say the least.

Anyway, none of you will need an Appeal because they're all going to pass, so let's not worry about it! :wink:

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

So glad to hear it went well - my thoughts were also with you - at least you didno't have a grumpy invigilator on your own at County hall :lol:

Yes I noticed that allocation is creeping later and later - in 2006 we had heard about school allocation by the end of the first week in June, it was a week later in 2007.

Considering there are more places I can't see why they are saying the end of June - makes it tight for Induction day which is July 1st - many schools invite newbies in other year groups.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now