Moving House

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
worried

Moving House

Post by worried »

Hi.,

My Son has passed the bucks entrace test conducted in oct 2007. We placed RLS as second choice as we are not sure of moving house. He was allocated to first choice school, which is outside bucks as we are living near first choice school. Now, I am planning to move to aylesbury near to AHS. What are the choices for us now? How do I approach Admission team? any advice is well appreciated.

cheers,
worried
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Approach admissions - places at SHFGS - you would have to appeal to get AHS I think.
worried

Thanks

Post by worried »

Any idea about the vacancies available both at AHS and SHFS?
dejavu

AGS not AHS

Post by dejavu »

Hi Worried

As you are moving into the area and you have a son - then it would be Sir Henry Floyd or Aylesbury Grammar Scool (known as AGS), the latter of which is boys only.

AHS is Aylesbury High School - which is girls only and is next door (They used to be together, until the sizes got too big, so they built the girls' school next door) - just to save any embarressment.

My son is in year 8 at AGS (although it is quite strict - DS got a detention in his second week there because he forgot his swimming trunks, but remembered the towel; shirts have to be tucked in for lessons, and the colour of socks are checked by prefects before assembly) and loves it! It depends if you want to go single-sexed or mixed. Both have envious results.
many thanks
dejavu
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I did wonder why you asked about AHS ... there are places at SHFGS and it's a school on the way up! Newish Head - recent good OfSTED.
worried

Thanks

Post by worried »

Thanks for your replies Dejavu and guest55. I interpretted 'G' for Girls rather than 'Grammar' in AGS.

Thanks for information and suggestion.