This is it then

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Sharp intake of breath when reading this..
DS is sitting the exam today.
He is determined and ready...

what's a bit of pain?

I hope he goes on to prove that he is as tough as needs be.

Do they play rugby at the senior school where he wants to go?
He's a prime candidate for the 1st team if they do.

Fingers cro55ed for him, bucks mum1
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I've just had a thought ...

PASTA FOR TEA!

Yay! :D
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Yes

Definitely.

Pasta

Pasta

Pasta

DD's favourite dinner always is Spag Bol so will have that ready for her later. Now after reading Patricias rules for the test to her again including the last bit

[When you get home at the end of school time, put your feet up and have a good rest. Your mum will very kindly serve up your favourite tea and an extra special pudding]

DD asked for chocolate Fountain with Marshmellows ?? so where will I get that???

Mel
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Get thee hence to Robert Dyas Mel! :D

They usually have a good range, if there is a branch near you.

Their website shows one for only £10, and they sell the chocolate that goes with them.
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Hi Sally Anne

Is it just you and I silly enough not to have pre-occupied oursleves with something else to do today. Goodness,wonder if that word came up???

Well I remembered deep down in kitchen cupboard somewhere is Fondue Set that very good, chocoholic friend bought me a couple of years ago. Will dig it out later. Have been out and bought very large Cadburys chocolate and big tub of Marshmellows.

Not long now. I wonder how it was today. Do you think one week is harder then the other or is it just how the child feels. I do hope dd got it all done. Last week she had only 2 minutes over time and she had been finishing practice tests with 10 minutes to go.

We are off to see another school this evening and tomorrow. I think we saw less schools when son took test in 05. I thought I'd be less nervous this time but I think I'm the same.

How do we get through the next few weeks???

Mel
x
Greta2

Post by Greta2 »

Well am still waiting for DS to come home as he has an afterschool activity so don't know yet how today was.
But it's definitely pasta on the menu in our house tonight - DS2 chose some very good looking, organisc, aka designer expensive, pasta the other day and reminded me this morning that WILL be on the menu!

Here's hoping they all come out reasonably OK with how they've done - especially Bucks mum's son with broken wrist.
andyb

Post by andyb »

DS came home full of smiles :D . Both DS's were chuffed to bits with their "well done for trying your best" prezzies (DS2 got a gift for being good while DS1 was doing his work). Tea was pizza followed by M&S double chocolate muffins - at this rate DS will want to do 11+ every day :wink:
Sally-Anne

Re: Mel x

Post by Sally-Anne »

Mel X wrote:Well I remembered deep down in kitchen cupboard somewhere is Fondue Set that very good, chocoholic friend bought me a couple of years ago.
Many years ago I saw a yearbook used by the advertising industry called the "Blue Book".

It stated that 47% of all British households owned a toasted sandwich maker, and 27% owned a fondue set.

Nearly half?

More than one in four?

That's a lorra lorrra cobwebs!

:lol:
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Well you will be glad to know that chocolate Fondue with various coloured and shaped Marshmellows went down very well with dd. She said she had only been joking so was very surprised when ds ad I brought it out tonight.

Funny the sandwhich toaster was in the same cupboard .

I'm off now to see if there's a bottle of wine there to although it's never usually there long enough to get the cobwebbs.

M
x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now