nose bleed during the 2nd exam!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lesleyw

nose bleed during the 2nd exam!

Post by lesleyw »

My daughter suffered a sudden and rather heavy nosebleed with five minutes to go during the second paper (I am glad it was 5 mins from the end and not the beginning).The Headmaster was invigilating and was very matter of fact about it.However,if she were to miss out by a couple of marks,would this be grounds for an appeal?Should we put something in writing now?Naturally we`re hoping that she will pass - she thinks she did okay and did manage to finish,though she says she had to guess the last few answers - though who knows whether she could have had a better crack at them if she hadn`t been mopping up her own blood (thankfully managing to keep the carnage away from the answer sheet).

Any advice?Thanks.

ps should mention that our Head is not a fan of Grammars so don`t know how supportive he would be (we are in Berks,but live in catchment for BHS and Borlase) though he has kindly allowed the children to take the test at the school.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Lesley, and welcome to the Forum.

If she does miss out by a couple of marks on the second test then it would certainly be part of the evidence needed for an Appeal. Obviously the mark for the other paper plays a part too, and all successful Appeals are based on strong academic evidence first and mitigating circumstances second.

As the Head was invigilating, he himself saw what happened, and should be able to document it for an Appeal. Even an anti-Grammar Head should be able to bring himself to write a factual statement!

There is nothing that you need to do now apart from wait as patiently as possible, along with the rest of us. :D

Sally-Anne
lesleyw

Post by lesleyw »

thanks for your swift and reassuring response.

I may be a "new poster" but I`ve been visiting this forum regularly for many months and have found the questions,comments and advice invaluable.So thanks to you,Patricia,Guest 55 and all the other sages for all your help!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now