Online applications

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

Re: Mel x

Post by Sally-Anne »

Mel X wrote:Yes i did get a reply to school choice but No I did not get confirmation that they received my utility bill. However funny enough I did email them again yetserday to ask for it so will wait and see.

As dh said we have proof on our email that we sent to the correct address so I won'y lose sleep.
Thanks Mel - and sorry to have mentioned guinea pigs earlier! :wink:

I agree that the email is the requisite proof, but I'd rather not get to 2nd March before finding out that there is a problem and then have to fight it out!

I have just noticed that the cut-off date for submitting address evidence to Bucks is 12th December, so I guess there is still time to send it by snail mail as well. It'll probably cause untold confusion, but at least we can all settle down and stick to worrying about the results. :D

S-A
Becky

Post by Becky »

I applied on-line which I found useful as I changed the order of schools as I went along after attending Open Days etc. The immediately email confirmation and ability to print it off is very reassuring.

I sent my utility bill by post but forgot to sent the detachable postcard they supply on the back of the Guide for Parents :oops: , which they return when they get it.

When I realised, I emailed to ask if the address proof had been received and they emailed back to confirm it had, I've had several queries with Bucks CC by email and found them very helpful. Incidentally, when I went to the Open Morning of a very popular, over-subscribed Upper School they said every year they have to withdraw the offer of places because they discover that people have "misrepresented" :shock: where they live.

I consider myself to be generally very website-savvy but have found the council website and others (Herts, the central Government education dept) websites very difficult to navigate and have often failed to get the information I've been looking for. Good to give them feedback, perhaps.
amazon786

Post by amazon786 »

Hi I submitted my sons application online and ontime. However, reading some of these posts I have got a bit worried.
Many have been mentioning "proof of address". I don't recall being asked this question when I was completing the application.

can anyone please help?

Thanks
Greta2

Post by Greta2 »

Hi Amazon
As well as completing the applciaiton form to detail your school preferences you ahve to send in a recent utility bill (no more than 3 months old) as proof of address. The explanation about it is on pages 11 and 19 of the Guide to Parents booklet.

This explains that the proof of address is required to show your child's normla home address. The booklet explains what they mean by this and types of bills acceptable, such as Council Tax bill, gas bill etc and also those that are not accptable (mobile phone bill)

As you have already completed your applicaiton you will need to send this by post to admissions and write your child's name and DOB on whatever you send. Inlcude the tear off post card reply slip at the back of the booklet so you will receive notice that it has been received.
amazon786

Post by amazon786 »

Thanks for your advice Greta. I have now posted the documentation.
andyb

Post by andyb »

Well, my nerves got the better of me - I didn't want all DS's hard work going to waste if my paperwork was incomplete so I emailed admissions to check that they had my address confirmation on record - and got a reply confirming within an hour! Happy now :D
Road Runner

mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Just to let you all know I too mailed Bucks and asked for receipt of my POA and they kindly emailed me to confirm they had received it

Me a worrier never!!

xx
Greta2

Post by Greta2 »

Mel X - great worriers think alike!
I did exactly the same yesterday - I kept worrying whether they had got my application and married it up to my proof of address. I kept thkinking, what if March 2nd comes and we hear nothing and they say they've never heard of us!
So I emailed to check and got a very quick reply back; they must get fed up with all the extra admin but have to say they do reply quickly and courteously.