Too Late: Moving house

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
worried

Too Late: Moving house

Post by worried »

My son qualified 11+. As I couldn't move into Bucks area prior to Sep 2008. I am now moving into Bucks area? What are the option available for me to getting into grammar school in Bucks? Does 11+ exam he passed is valid for immediate admissions?

Any suggestion in this regard is highly appreciated?
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Hello there

The best thing to do is to contact Bucks Admission straight away as I guess aslong as you are living in Bucks when he is due to join the school next year then you should be ok. Saying that I am assuming he passed last year so he may need to resit the 12 +

Mel
worried

Post by worried »

He qualified for 2008 admission. Does he need to sit for 12+ exam?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Worried

I'm afraid that the 11+ pass will have expired by now.

The question will be whether your son qualifies for testing for immediate admission, or whether he will need to go into the general melting pot of "second-time round" 12+ testers and wait until next September for admission.

I recommend that you call Admissions to discuss your situation, because it is likely to be a matter of judgement, rather than one of clear rules and regulations.

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The deadline for 12+ for September 2009 has passed - so I hope the move will enable you to count as 'casual admission' - the test will needd to be resat as qualifcation only lasts for 12 months.
worried

Post by worried »

Is there a way I can
worried

Post by worried »

Where can I find list of vacancies available in various grammar schools after 2008 allotment?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Admissions might help with this query - the 'less popular' [which I don't really understand as they are just as good!] will have places e.g. Burnham GS, Chesham High, Sir Henry Floyd - others may have a place if someone leaves ....

You do need to contact admissions to find out where you stand.
worried

Post by worried »

Thanks Guest55. Out of less poluar school which is good? Burnham grammar school or Sir Henry Floyds?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Depends where you live!

Sir Henry Floyd is in Aylesbury, Chesham High in Chesham :lol: , and Burnham Grammar in Burnham (near Slough) - of the three the Floyd's OfSTED report is probably the best.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now