driving to County Hall

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

driving to County Hall

Post by Guest55 »

Please be aware the road past County Hall has changed its one way direction - you now turn down by the bus station and go down Walton Street past the library.

Details here:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/content/i ... 1859475885
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Those facing an appeal panel might need to know this. The traffic is even worse than usual I'm told, so leave plenty of time for parking etc.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Very good advice.

I also recommend that you use the overground long stay car park on the Wendover side of town - G55 will be able to describe where it is better than me! :oops:

A couple of pounds for 24 hours parking. Not that you will need 24 hours, but there could be nothing worse than haviing a delayed appeal and spending half of it worrying about getting a parking fine. :(

S-A
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Gosh, she's good, isn't she? :D

Walton Street, Car Park No.1 is my suggestion. £2.50 for up to 5 hours, 5 minutes walk from County Hall.
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Being a regular 'Appealeeeee' (hate the word Appellant :roll: ) over the years, it was almost worth us buying a season ticket :lol:
(BUT NOT ANY MORE!!!).

If it's a grotty day (weather wise, rather than how you feel personally) Friar Square Car Park is good.

You walk across the internal road bridge, through the shopping mall following signs for County Hall. Out the other side and down some steps, turn right and the building is there, so only the final steps and final 50m are out in the elements.

You take your ticket away and pay on return so whether you are there for an hour (I sincerely hope so) or get behind a more serious Appeal (look out for the mother, father, lawyer, headmistress turning up for the show) then you might be looking at 5hrs!

Good luck to all those Appealing this year, remember to do your homework before hand and ask any questions/worries you might have here to minimalise any surprises on the day.

Ambridge x
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

We have also been to appeal a few times - :cry:

When you go out of the shopping centre you can go into the reference library instead of down the concrete steps. Then go through some doors and, before you go into the library itself, you go down some stairs on the right which take you into the reception of County Hall. If its raining it cuts down on the time in the wet!