Consultation Process 2010 - Catchment Area Changes

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I think it is unlikely to cause a real problem for you Hope, being only 3 miles away, albeit out of catchment.

These changes are being made to resolve the problem of a very, very small number of children (fewer than 20) each year, who fail to gain a place at their preferred catchment GS, and even fewer who failed to gain a place at any of their catchment grammar schools.

JHG was undersubscribed by 24 places this year, so could absorb all of those children, and still be offering places to children out of catchment. Also, the size of the cohort in the south of the county is falling.

I think that any juggling will be between DCGS and RGS. (Edited: Earlier post referred to JHG being mixed gender school. :roll: )

I don't think that the impact of the changes will be huge, and the proposals are certainly a great improvement over the debacle we witnessed in 2005.
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Sally-Anne wrote: A letter to the BFP, perhaps, Dad40? :wink:
Well, it's a thought but not sure I can be bothered ! The BFP likes to get all frothy and 'tabloid' about these things but thankfully only a tiny percentage of its readers can muster the enthusiasm to join in.

Incidentally, when did JHG become a mixed school? Did I miss something ? 8)
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Dad40 wrote:Incidentally, when did JHG become a mixed school? Did I miss something ? 8)
Oh! For goodness sake Sally-Anne! :roll: :roll:

PC and internet down for 24 hours and I'm doing too much too quickly. I am zooming off to edit my earlier post to Hope. :oops:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

These proposals have now been approved by Bucks CC, although the first proposal is over to RGS as a Foundation School.

Details of the consultation process and responses from parents are here - you need to look for the PDF called AL.04.09 REVISED, and the relevant section begins on Page 5.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/moderngov/ieD ... px?ID=1431

There are also detailed comments made by parents later in the Appendices.

S-A
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now