Home to school transport

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

andyb

Home to school transport

Post by andyb »

Although we haven't yet got our allocation yet I am fairly certain that DS will get his 1st choice GS.

We live just inside 3 miles from the school :roll: but there is a council run school bus service that picks up boys 500 yards from our house on the way to the school. These boys (or their parents) have to pay for the priviledge but I feel it would be money well spent if I can get him on the school bus rather than ferrying him to and fro each day especially as I have a younger child who can't be expected to go to school alone.

So my question is - how do I get him a place on the bus? I have heard that there is quite a demand for the few "paid for" seats so if there is a waiting list it woud be better to get his name on it sooner rather than later. I have emailed the Home to School Transport people at BucksCC and been told to wait until April before contacting them again - surely if there is a waiting list boys could be added to it or removed all year round?

Any ideas?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

They won't act until after the date in March when you accept the place. Then the names fro buses are shared with the transport people.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now