question types

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

worried bucks

question types

Post by worried bucks »

Hi there, does anybody know what the types O P G and R are, as our practise books etc have all been in with num :roll: bers for types, so I dont know what the above letter types are for the numbers we have. :roll:
Ambridge

Types O P G R

Post by Ambridge »

Hi, I believe types O and P came up in the Bucks 11+ Paper 1 last Thursday but quoting from the IPS parents guide...

O 3 pairs of words. Complete the third pair in the same way as the first two pairs (grind, grin) (fore, for) then (piper, pipe). First two pairs had the last letter of the first word removed to make the second word.

P Find the number that should appear in the brackets and continues the series 5,10,15,20,25 (...) in this case 30

G Letters stand for numbers. Work out the sum. A = 2 etc.

R Three words in the second group should go together in the same way as the three in the first group. Find the missing word from the second group...

lint [liner] term
drop [ xxxxx] even

DROVE is missing word

Hope this helps x
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

in IPS:
O is complete the word pair eg (grind, grin) (fore, for) (piper, pipe)
P is continue the number series
G is sums with the numbers written as letters
R is three words in second group go together in the same way as three in first group
eg lint [liner] term, drop [drove] even

(where italics indicates the word to be found)
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

You beat me to it Ambridge!
Ambridge

SNAP

Post by Ambridge »

Hi Maggie, great minds working at the same time x
worried bucks

Post by worried bucks »

Hi Thanks very much Ambridge and Maggie, great help, Ive now managed to match up the numbers to the correct letter types. My nerves are getting the better of me. My son must be feeling worse! He writes his first paper tomorrow, and the secon on Friday.(the 13th of all days!!!) He was very Ill on Sunday night, vomiting etc, so was off school yesterday. Hes much better today, but I still kept him home, and hes been practising for his test tomorrow.We are in independent school in Berks hence why we are only sitting our first paper tomorrow.x