other types of practice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vjl2

other types of practice

Post by vjl2 »

The practice papers are obviously great ways to work on 11+ skills, along with learning how to move through the questions in an efficient way.

However, in addition and to inject some fun into this process, are there any Nintendo DS games / puzzles that are of any help at all for VR practice?
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

As a family we have great competitions on Nintendo DS and Wii brain training games - it certainly makes learning and remembering addition, subtraction, multiplication and division more fun and makes you fast (myself included) which is no bad thing.

The non-number games are enjoyable and keep you mentally alert but I am not sure they specifically prepare you for the Bucks 11+ but enhancing your mental quickness and finding it fun sounds ok to me.

I suppose anything that makes numbers second nature and enjoyable must be a good thing and it definitely beats rote learning times tables as I did as a child.

Patricia will no doubt be able to mention other good games that help with preparation including online scrabble and scrabble with the family.

Good luck

Ambridge