Beaconsfield boys not getting RGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

That'll be Gerrards Cross and Beaconsfield then (and of course Denham/Tatling End). We only got our 4th choice grammar :( No spaces in John Hampden, RGS or Challenors for any of us!
newbucksdad

Post by newbucksdad »

Seer Green residents won't be too happy either. We live abut 0.25 miles outside the DCGS allocation, though some of DS's friends will be more fortunate. A divided village...

Does anyone know the timing of the second and subsequent allocation rounds? The booklet suggests these don't happen until July, which seems ages away. I will just tell him he'll be going to a good school regardless, but it will be nice to know when we'll know.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

To answer in brief (I am flitting all over the Forum at the moment!):

:: Yes, Seer Green has been an allocation "flashpoint" in the past.

:: Yes, I don't think that the good burghers of Beaconsfield or the southern reaches of Bucks are going to take this lying down. I sense another uprising coming on, just like Dad40 ...

:: The best indication of any possible movement in waiting lists will be once the deadline for acceptances has passed + 4/5 days. At that point Admissions will have processed the responses, and you can probably email them for more information about waiting lists. Please do email rather than call, because that does give them time to deal with your enquiry within their time frame, not yours if you call them. They are usually very prompt at replying to emails.

:: April 7th is - I think - the date for the next round of allocations, but that is totally from memory, so please don't quote me! I will try to get firm dates for the next rounds of allocations, and I will post them here.

Sally-Anne
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Sally-Anne wrote::: Yes, I don't think that the good burghers of Beaconsfield or the southern reaches of Bucks are going to take this lying down. I sense another uprising coming on, just like Dad40 ...
Indeed. Tis why Dominic Grieve MP suggested the need for another grammar school in the Beaconsfield/GX area. But of course that won't even be considered this side of a General Election.

Well there are always the coaches to Merchant Taylors and Berko for those who can :roll:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

newbucksdad wrote:Does anyone know the timing of the second and subsequent allocation rounds? The booklet suggests these don't happen until July, which seems ages away. I will just tell him he'll be going to a good school regardless, but it will be nice to know when we'll know.
Last year the further allocation rounds were on 11 April and 9 May. After that the appeals are in process, so not sure.
Marylou