electronic notification of allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lubib

electronic notification of allocations

Post by lubib »

the admissions guide recommends applying on-line for several reasons and one of them is that you get an email on 2/3 or you can check it online yourself. does anybody know how to check it on-line?
While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
Greta2

Post by Greta2 »

I was also wondering this and went on to the online application portal - when I typed in my email and passcode etc it came up with the shcool application and at the end it said "school allocated".

Obviously at the moment this was blank but I presume this is where we check.

It also seemed to suggest the allcoation would be there on the 2nd rather than waiting for the post on the 3rd.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Someone has just told me that the emails (for those who opted for electronic notification) will be sent out on Monday afternoon.

Presumably the allocation will also therefore be available to view online from that point onward as well. We will see ...

Sally-Anne
All Too Much

Post by All Too Much »

Excuse my ignorance here, but is it now too late to register to get allocation on line (as I didn't do it when I was filling out the CAF form back in Autumn '08)?

We're in Bucks, in case that's relevant.
All Too Much
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I'm afraid it is, ATM. The online application portal closed back in early autumn.

Sally-Anne
Demon Pixie

Post by Demon Pixie »

FYI

If memory serves me correct, last year e-mails either failed to arrive or arrived very late in the day. However, it was possible to view the allocation via the application porthole from about 8am on the allocation day.

Maybe it will be the same this year.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Demon Pixie

There was a statement in the minutes of the Bucks Schools Admissions Forum a while back to the effect that the problems have been resolved.

Of course, the proof of that will be there for all to see on Monday - or not, as the case may be!

Sally-Anne
Nibbles

Post by Nibbles »

Hi,

I have seen a communication sent to schools that says the emails will be sent out in batches from 1.00pm on the 2 March, they did not said how long it will take for them all to be sent. There was no mention of viewing online.
Greta2

Post by Greta2 »

OK think I am going loopy - I am sure when I checked the online thing yesterday it said something different! This is what it says though.
I took this to mean the school allocation would be available on-line.
Now I am not so sure and perhaps it just means this is the date the emails and letters are sent. :?

Admissions Group Moving up to Secondary School in September 2009
Your Child's Details *********
Preferred Schools Schools applied to (5)
Status of Application Application submitted on *****
Admission Group Closing Date 24/10/2008 23:59
Offer Information Available 02/03/2009
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Assuming this is similar to the primary school allocations (which we have just received) you can view allocations on line from first thing in the morning - on the primary allocations it shows the schools applied for and then says allocated / not allocated next to them.

If waiting for email notifications the primary ones went out in batches - mine arrived at 4pm.

Hope everyone gets the allocations they are after :D