today's 11+ final test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mumfrom bucks

today's 11+ final test

Post by mumfrom bucks »

well the feedback today was different to last weeks. this test today was easier according to many children in my sons class. Still some tricky questions but on the whole easier than the first test they took last week. What did other children think?

Great Forum - I will be glad of it next time round.
CHUCKY

Post by CHUCKY »

YES MY CHILD SAID THEY FOUND TODAY'S TEST EASIER THAN LAST WEEK.

Post by Guest »

Mine preferred last week's test.
njg

today

Post by njg »

My daughter said it was better.
Funnily the ones that said 'easy' last week found todays harder!
We all have our strengths.

Hallelujah its over!!
Ambridge

Todays 11+

Post by Ambridge »

Thank goodness for that...

My son found it easier than last week, finished with 5 mins to go. In general it seems to have been ok but immediately he remembered that two of the vocab were really hard and guessed and two of the 'maths' as well. He will no doubt ask 'mum, is there such a word as....' later this evening so I will report back what they were!

All evidence of 11+ is either filed away (for next child) or in a huge pile ready for the fire later this week.

Thank you so much for everyone who contributes to this site with their suggestions, tips, info especially over the last few months, its a great site which seems to just get better.

x
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear All

Hope it all went well today, I will report back with my students views later on this evening.

I would say, its probably not appropriate to report actual questions/vocab There are still children completing these tests, either were ill or are out of county

We want to seen as playing fair.

Patricia

Re: today

Post by Guest »

Funnily the ones that said 'easy' last week found todays harder!

My son thought last weeks was easier!!! Said he had to guess 2 answers today!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear All

Re tests being harder/easier.

Both tests are of EQUAL difficulty, it's purely down to the preference of the child, some like codes others do not, some love the 4 maths questions others do not.

Some of my students, after last weeks test, said 'that was easy' others said 'that was a bit hard' if I had known the types in advance I could have split those students into the hard and easy BEFORE they sat the tests, because I know their likes and dislikes/etc

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Patricia, hope you don't mind me asking but where do you tutor?
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

oooh, thanks Patricia for reminding me about those still waiting to do the tests, completely forgot about that aspect. Will go and tell my son also not to talk about it to his footie pals as some of them are out of county.

I agree with your comments about kids having favourite types of questions so therefore will prefer a paper seeing/not seeing particular questions.

x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now