Which interactive CDs are most relevant to Colyton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ggd

Which interactive CDs are most relevant to Colyton

Post by ggd »

My son is going to take the entrance exam in November and we have only just started practice papers over the last month. He is doing quite well and picking up new techniques quickly. Having read the forum we should have started practice over a year ago!
Which CDs would others recommend to be the most realistic and relevant to the actual entrance exam?
happymum

Post by happymum »

Hello again - I can't answer your questions re the CD's as we never used any. But I felt I had to comment on your worry that your son should have started practising over a year ago. My son only started practising in the March/April before he sat the exam the following November and we only used the NFER practise papers.
ggd

Post by ggd »

Thank you again, I find that reassuring. Did you just work through the papers or did you get some additional tuition?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi ggd

Previous posting indicate that Colyton set NFER papers in Verbal Reasoning, Mathematics and English.

The Tutors CDs were written specifically for NFER Multiple-choice tests.

Verbal Reasoning 1 covers all 21 NFER question types.
Verbal Reasoning 2 contains 12 question papers.

Mathematics CD1 is a syllabus for the NFER tests containing 18 categories with related sub-categories.
Mathematics CD2 contains 20 question papers.
Both CDs contain bonus material to help with timestables and mental arithmetic.

Vocabulary Builder CD contains a range of non-NFER type questions that help to develop vocabulary.

All the CDs have free downloadable demos.

The most cost-effective way of purchasing the material is by download rather than physical CD.

There is a free wordlist available containing all the words in the NFER practice and familiarization material.

Hope this helps with your enquiry regarding CDs

Regards

Mike
Mike Edwards is a co-author of The Tutors product range.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now