Are primary school headmasters informed before parents ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

becki67

Are primary school headmasters informed before parents ?

Post by becki67 »

Good morning,

I am aware that if a child is borderline then a request is made to their headmaster for further information, however does anyone know when this request is made ?

Also are the headmasters advised of the result before parents ?

Thank you & good luck to everyone awaiting results for Torquay.
stevew61

Re: Are primary school headmasters informed before parents ?

Post by stevew61 »

In our LEA, Reading, yes schools are advised a week before, here are next years dates,
Secondary and Primary Schools
informed of final allocation
24 February 2012

Allocation letters sent to parents 1 March 2012
http://ww2.reading.gov.uk/documents/edu ... -12-10.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a look on your LEA website!
moosh

Post by moosh »

My DS was borderline last year and the first time that I knew about it was after the unsuccessful letter was sent out to me. I telephoned the admissions secretary of the GS (very helpful and pleasant) who informed me that DS had been placed into borderzone group, information had been received from DS primary school and based on that information he had not qualified for a place. Unfortunately I was not aware of the system and with the benefit of hindsight I would have approached the primary school and gone straight to the HM for his support as DS class teacher really did not give much thought into her reply to the GS and I do not think she realised the importance of the document that she was asked to complete.

If you are at all worried about the primary school response then I would strongly advise you to approach them now and warn them that they may be asked for their report.

Hope this helps.
becki67

Post by becki67 »

Thank you for both your replies.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now