colyton catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
guestie

colyton catchment

Post by guestie »

I'm not expecting much of a reply - looking at the number and frequency of the posts in the Devon Forum - however, we may well be moving down from London to take a post in Exeter in the near future. How wide is the 'catchment' for Colyton?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

think you will have to ask the school how far out they have offered in previous years,
there is no specific catchment they just offer kids who have passed on the basis of straight line distance from the school.
Katie

Post by Katie »

Hi,
Re Colyton. I have a relative who attended this school and lived quite a distanmce outside what I would have considered their catchment area. The school has a brilliant reputation - so be sure to contact them as soon as possible to request a copy of their admissions policy etc. Have you looked at their web site? Good luck with your application.
Surfwidow

Post by Surfwidow »

Hi Guest
Re your enquiry about Colyton, I know of a few people that stick their children on the bus to send them to Colyton from Exeter. Distance from school no problem if your child doesn't mind windy roads and the length of time it takes - the big problem is getting into the school as its sooooo over-subscribed and of a very high standard.

Good luck - report back soon.
Kit

Colyton catchment

Post by Kit »

I don't know if the OP is still interested, but my child is at Colyton and in her year I know there are quite a few children from Exeter, also as far east as Dorchester and north as Taunton so up to around a 30-35 mile radius. Most however seem to live within a 10 mile radius of the school, as journey times make for a very long school day much beyond this (Devon miles!)

There used to be an official catchment area but this is no longer the case. However, your child will qualify for free school transport if he/she lives within the old catchment area, which is definitely worth having!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

You may wish to visit the Independent Schools section where a whole can of worms has been opened up about Colyton requesting reports from teachers re prospective pupils!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now