colyton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moosh

colyton

Post by moosh »

Think the letters coming out of Colyton tomorrow.

Good luck to all those anxious parents and their DC's. :P
ggd

Post by ggd »

Yes - great news my DS has passed his 11+ :D
Now it is down to the LA, does anyone know if it is possible to pass the 11+ and still not get in? :?
happymum

Post by happymum »

Congratulations and well done to your son. :D
ggd

Post by ggd »

Thanks Happymum, he is very pleased, just hope the LA say yes!
pilchard

Post by pilchard »

Congratulations to you and your DC ggd. I've never heard of anyone getting a 'qualified score' and not getting a place, but we live close to the school, so if it does come down to distance from the school, we probably wouldn't hear anyway. Hopefully you're the Lyme end of Dorset and not the far East side of the county. :wink:
ggd

Post by ggd »

We are west Dorset but I know noone from our school having ever got into Colyton before so I have nothing to bench mark it against. I know children much further away than us apply so fingers crossed.
Scrumpy

Post by Scrumpy »

Hi everyone! We are delighted to discover that DS has passed 11+ for Colyton and have just discovered this amazing forum! :D

DS is first preference applicant with qualifying score but we now have to wait until 01 March for LEA decision.

Does anyone know of any reason why DS would be turned down? Our DS's school have not been approached so we don't think he's borderzone.

Many thanks in anticipation of any advice.
ggd

Post by ggd »

Congratulations - same position as us. Glad February is a short month!
Scrumpy

Post by Scrumpy »

Thank you ggd. Congrats to you too! It's an agonising wait though. Having lots of sleepless nights! - It's worse now we know he has passed!
ggd

Post by ggd »

I wasnt expecting to hear anything until March and was quite relaxed, but now I'm really nervous.