Talbot heath exam format, past papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
elevenplus

Talbot heath exam format, past papers

Post by elevenplus »

Hi
Does anyone know where can I find past papers of Talbot heath 11+ exam? contacted school and they said they dont have on their website.
If anyone has given exam and give guidence on exam format would be great.
dorsetbound

Re: Talbot heath exam format, past papers

Post by dorsetbound »

Hi did you ever get a reponse from this? My daughter will be sitting the exam soon and I just wonder what it is like compared to the 11+ grammar exams.
Thanks
Amber

Re: Talbot heath exam format, past papers

Post by Amber »

The school does give some details on its website and it looks as though the admissions exam is straightforward enough:
Registered candidates are invited to attend the Entrance Exams in the first week of January prior to their year of entry. The exams will consist of 3 X one hour papers: Maths, English, Verbal Reasoning (all non-multiple choice). The assessments are designed to enable all prospective pupils to demonstrate their academic potential without excessive preparation. Maths and English are based upon the National Curriculum and the Verbal Reasoning measures a pupil’s ability and so ensures each candidate is challenged at a level which is appropriate to them. References and reports from the candidate’s current school are also requested; these form a key component of the assessments.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now