Uninformed father

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BucksBornNBred

Re: Uninformed father

Post by BucksBornNBred »

In the 70s, before the grammar system was destroyed, (Bucks) children were taught for the test e.g. how to solve problems like Einstein's Riddle. Everyone would have benefited from learning these techniques not just the ones who passed the test.
BmthMumHappy

Re: Uninformed father

Post by BmthMumHappy »

As much as I find this thread highly amusing ! I also feel your pain, I know several schools in Bournemouth now run an after school 11+ club, this is to help the children who 'want' to do the 11+ test. I personally feel this is amazing and should be offered at all mainstream schools - sadly it isn't.

If it helps at all, I found a website called ********** which cost me a fiver a month. It gave my DD a variety of sample questions (English Maths & VR) all at different levels and a breakdown of how to answer if the question was too hard/answered incorrectly, also the website emails you with their progress! She practised these questions on and off for around 6 months prior to the test and then she had half a dozen/half hour maths tutoring by a current grammar girl (just covering maths elements which were not covered in curriculum).

Luckily for us this was all she needed, she passed and has now secured a place.

I hope this helps you in assisting your daughter.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now