Waiting for 1 March

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
singinggirl

Waiting for 1 March

Post by singinggirl »

How is everyone doing with waiting for school allocation on 1 March? Are you feeling confident that your child’s results will get them into the school of your choice?
Here we go!

Re: Waiting for 1 March

Post by Here we go! »

I'm finding the wait absolutely awful! We are outside of catchment. We are hugely proud of our daughters achievement however concerned that she won't get a place. If anyone can tell me some insider info that would boost our confidence that would be great. You know...everyone that took the test wants to go to Poole, they had a record low of catchment applications.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
J1278

Post by J1278 »

I’ve not heard anything about Parkstone which is usual. This could be a good thing..
Parkstone admissions are saying they are hopeful that a few out of catchment girls will get in. However, Poole admissions are saying that it’s possible that a few incatchment girls won’t get in! This was before they had allocated all the places so it might be worth ringing them now...

Poole High
Magna
St Edwards are all extremely oversubscribed as it’s a huge birth year!
Here we go!

Post by Here we go! »

High birth year, oh dear :(
We are actually interested in BSG. I know some people apply for both so was hoping as many as possible go to Poole!
Have you put down Poole?
singinggirl

Post by singinggirl »

We are waiting for BSG too. My eldest daughter got in from out of catchment two years ago so there is hope! My youngest girl is now in catchment so it’s a different kettle of fish this time although still very nerve-wracking!! Hope your girl gets in.
J1278

Post by J1278 »

I heard that BSG had twice as many applicants than places, however a lot of those will be girls who also passed for Parkstone or for the selective private schools.So fingers crossed you will hopefully get a place.
When you say Poole had low in catchment applications do you mean the boys school or Parkstone the girls school?
Thank you
Here we go!

Post by Here we go! »

Crikey! Twice as many applicants as places? Eck. Is that the number that took the test or those that were successful and applied?

I'm afraid I have no idea about application numbers. My comment about record low numbers was just a suggestion of what I wanted to hear :D

Gosh it's a painful wait!!! I hope you both get the news you're wanting
Onedayonechance

Post by Onedayonechance »

26 girls got in ooc last year and 34 boys got in ooc. Now the catchment area is so big and also includes another schools I forsee no ooc girls and only a couple of boys. The boys score had a much higher pass mark and I think this was to free up a few spaces for the highest scoring ooc. I have no insider info I have just been following the scores etc for years and I'm on dc3.
tiredmum2

Post by tiredmum2 »

But Bournemouth School (the boys' one) have a whole extra class of 30 places this year, as well as a higher pass mark, with respect to out of area candidates getting in. So there is some hope.
singinggirl

Post by singinggirl »

Haven’t BSG increased their numbers also?