secondary schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dissapointed mum

secondary schools

Post by dissapointed mum »

Can anybody please help me with regards to secondary schools in Bournemouth for boys or mixed. I have been reading up on the ofsted reports about the schools and the info is not brilliant, and not very flattering for the schools. Can anyone give me some info on the reputations of the schools and whether they are good schools and achieve well. What do most of the kids do for 6th form where there isnt a sixth form at the school?
Appreciate all info
Thanks
DP
usa

Post by usa »

Hallo DM
Personally..........I would take a trip down there and have a look around yourself. I know it is a bit of a long day out for you, from Bucks, but you can only get a small feel for the place through an OFSTED report.
I dont know how well you know the area, so maybe it is also the time to take a look at housing etc and see what is down there for you.
Phone the schools you wish to see, before you go down - go with an open mind - list of questions and remember that now, you will be on the W/L for the one you possibly want. Different people look for different things in schools, ie. sport, academics, facilities and what suits 1 child might not suit another.
Go yourself, if you possibly can, and make your decisions about proceeding after that. Good luck with whatever you decide - I know it is not easy!
USA
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now