Bournemouth and Poole results 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bomoboy

Re: Bournemouth and Poole results 2014

Post by Bomoboy »

Thank you so much Bumblebee for taking the time to give such a detailed reply. It has made me feel a lot better! Hopefully it has helped you too - BournemouthDad. I think so much worry has gone into the exam and whether he will pass etc. that it is only now he is in (or nearly in!) that I am starting to think about the practicalities!!!

Your children sound like mine! Funny how different the older ones tend to be from the younger ones!! Glad to see that the homework isn't quite as bad as I thought and can be fitted in quickly if needs must!!!
BournemouthDad

Post by BournemouthDad »

Just a quick update that we have chosen Bournemouth School. Very very tough call and we all changed our minds several times but we ended up a 2-1 vote for BS :)

So might see you guys on the first parents evening :wink:
str3ssed

Bournemouth School for Boys - Places News

Post by str3ssed »

good luck all!!
dorsetduck

Post by dorsetduck »

Yes good luck everyone :)
I would be interested to know what the 'Out of catchment' pass mark is for Poole Grammar School?
Overall pass mark was 110.5. I know of one boy that has got in with 120 and he's out of catchment.
Thanks
BournemouthDad

Post by BournemouthDad »

Everyone we know got in, including someone outside of Bournemouth who got 198 pass mark. So that would indicate that except 1 or 2 at most, everyone who passed the test got into Bournemouth School.
dorsetduck

Post by dorsetduck »

Not all that passed the exam got into Poole Grammar for boys. It was oversubscribed so some 'Out of catchment' boys passed but did not get in :(
Twinmumdorch

Post by Twinmumdorch »

This happened to my boy a few years ago. He passed the entrance exam but out of catchment and didn't get in. At that time the closest boys got offered first. Now for the girls school the highest out of catchment scores are offered so we might have more of a chance with my twin girls. My son went to Thomas Hardye at 13 and did very well - got great A levels and first choice of university so it worked out fine for him.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now