Parkstone Grammar Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Jced79

Parkstone Grammar Test

Post by Jced79 »

Hi,

Obviously don’t discuss the content of any of the tests, but how did your daughters think it went? My daughter thought the maths paper was hardest, but then that has always been her weakest out of the 3.

J
Onedayonechance

Re: Parkstone Grammar Test

Post by Onedayonechance »

Hi. Not sure if the boys test was the same but most boys seemed to think the maths was harder. Mine found maths OK but that's his stronger subject but had to guess last 7 questions of VR. What sort of practice mark was your daughter getting?
Jced79

Post by Jced79 »

Hi,

Yes, the boys and girls do sit the same test.

She was never very consistent with the practice papers, but recently she was doing well in VR and I definitely think it ended up being her strongest area. English and maths were a bit hit and miss to be honest. Her feedback was that the VR and English were fine and a similar difficulty to the papers she practiced, but that the maths was more difficult, which seems to tie up with what you are saying.

Whatever they say won't make the next three weeks any easier though!
Onedayonechance

Post by Onedayonechance »

I want to ask you a question but can't until after the results as moderator has blocked it due to poss late sitters, (fair enough : :) ) so will ask in Oct. My son said the comprehension was OK, the punctuation really easy but the spellings difficult. Normally spellings are his easy bit.

There is just no way of knowing how it went until we get the results, i just want it over with now. I couldn't believe how many boys were taking the test, were there many girls taking it?
Last edited by Onedayonechance on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Could you edit your post as there may be late sitters?
Jced79

Post by Jced79 »

I believe there were approximately 450 girls taking the test, which is apparently roughly the same amount that sat it last year.

I feel the same as you, I can’t wait to get the results now and get it all over with.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Onedayonechance wrote:I want to ask you a question but can't until after the results as moderator has blocked it due to poss late sitters, (fair enough : :) ) so will ask in Oct. My son said the comprehension was OK, the punctuation really easy but the spellings difficult. Normally spellings are his easy bit.

There is just no way of knowing how it went until we get the results, i just want it over with now. I couldn't believe how many boys were taking the test, were there many girls taking it?
Please note that the test could be used for the rest of the academic year. - moderator