2018 Grammar results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Onedayonechance

Re: 2018 Grammar results

Post by Onedayonechance »

Finally got our result 340 with pass mark of 305 so mainly feeling relieved.
Onedayonechance

Just wondered why we don't make the active topic thread?
bournemouthddasd

Post by bournemouthddasd »

My dd got in! Scored 338 and we live a 3 minute walk away from BSG! Am delighted, as is she. Who else has a dd going to BSG and what schools are they coming from? X
mad?

Post by mad? »

I don't live in Dorset (sadly) but as a long time poster on this forum I would just like to say what a joy you lot are, so polite, friendly and supportive, just how it is supposed to be! Congratulations to those of you who have had good news today and for those who haven't do check out the appeals section but also, it is not the end of the world. Most of you have good alternatives and your DC should be positive about the next stage. You all seem to realise this already but just to confirm, it is not the be all and end all by any stretch of the imagination, bright kids, who work averagely hard, do well in any half decent school, good luck to you all!

ETA if you stay around to help others it will be of great benefit, you might even get to make this a more 'active' part of the forum, but to be honest, the active threads are the worst usually :wink:
Last edited by mad? on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mad?
mad?

Post by mad? »

Onedayonechance wrote:Just wondered why we don't make the active topic thread?
No idea,what is it?
mad?
Onedayonechance

mad? wrote:
Onedayonechance wrote:Just wondered why we don't make the active topic thread?
No idea,what is it?
Just below the date is a link to the active threads, we don't seem to make it despite being more active than most other posts, but you are correct probably the active ones are less friendly.

Thanks for your kind message, we are very lucky and most people in Dorset will have access to a good or outstanding secondary school, although I understand why they wish their dc had access to the grammar.
Onedayonechance

Jced79 wrote:
GinDoll wrote:
Jced79 wrote:Managed to pop home, not good news.

296 required for Parkstone grammar and she got 294!!
Oh so sorry. But if you're in catchment the new admissions will help I hope!

We are very much in catchment, 10 mins away, the letter says you can appeal through an independent appeals panel.
I am sure a friend appealed, I will see her at the school gates and try and find out some info for you.
Jced79

Post by Jced79 »

I would very much appreciate that and well done to you and all the rest of you who had good news. I wouldn’t want anyone else to be feeling like we are at the moment. Poole High here we come! I’m trying to be enthusiastic.
H1278

Post by H1278 »

Hi my daughter met the required standard for Parkstone but literally on the pass mark of 296! She messed up her VR but did really well on the maths and English - shame VR was her strongest in the practice papers! We are in the priority area and live about 3 miles away from the school - what’s the likelihood of her getting a place? Thanks
mumianella

Post by mumianella »

My DD 349 ,We are out of range, worries me a lot
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now