2018 Grammar results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jced79

Re: 2018 Grammar results

Post by Jced79 »

We’re always out on Saturday morning’s so not really sure, but we left the house at 9:45 and there was no sign of the postman.

What about yours?
GinDoll

Post by GinDoll »

We have received ours and my daughter passed with 315 but we are so far out of catchment that I don't even know if it's worth applying. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Onedayonechance

Post by Onedayonechance »

It's normally here when we get back from swimming about 12pm. Not gone this week as kids have a party so I'm at home trying to keep busy. We are out this afternoon so I agree that the thought of the letter waiting on the mat is worse.
Onedayonechance

GinDoll wrote:We have received ours and my daughter passed with 315 but we are so far out of catchment that I don't even know if it's worth applying. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Congratulations to your dd. Its a massive achievement. What was the pass mark?

Which Grammar are you applying for. It's worth putting it as your first choice as it will not affect your chances of getting into your second choice school.
Jced79

Post by Jced79 »

Managed to pop home, not good news.

296 required for Parkstone grammar and she got 294!!
GinDoll

Post by GinDoll »

Thank you. The pass marks are 303 BSG and 296 Parkstone (which is too far from us, we are in Hampshire). I am in a quandary because the other school I really like is out of catchment and if I have to go to appeal to that one how can I argue that I feel its the best school for her if they know BSG was her first choice :D we are only in catchment for one school, which is a great school, but she has been bullied a bit so I want her to go somewhere where most of her class won't be going if that makes sense?

This parenting thing doesn't get any easier does it!
GinDoll

Post by GinDoll »

Jced79 wrote:Managed to pop home, not good news.

Oh so sorry. But if you're in catchment the new admissions will help I hope!
Onedayonechance

GinDoll wrote:Thank you. The pass marks are 303 BSG and 296 Parkstone (which is too far from us, we are in Hampshire). I am in a quandary because the other school I really like is out of catchment and if I have to go to appeal to that one how can I argue that I feel its the best school for her if they know BSG was her first choice :D we are only in catchment for one school, which is a great school, but she has been bullied a bit so I want her to go somewhere where most of her class won't be going if that makes sense?

This parenting thing doesn't get any easier does it!

Yes that does make it more difficult. You are right it doesn't get any easier at all. I take it you have read all statistics for both schools?
Onedayonechance

I'm sorry to hear that, that is so close.
Jced79

Post by Jced79 »

GinDoll wrote:

Oh so sorry. But if you're in catchment the new admissions will help I hope!

We are very much in catchment, 10 mins away, the letter says you can appeal through an independent appeals panel.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now