2018 Grammar results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Onedayonechance

2018 Grammar results

Post by Onedayonechance »

Anyone on here waiting on results? We should get them tomorrow.

I have a dd at Parkstone and a DS at a outstanding comp.

Waiting on DS2 results and possibly have it all to do next year with dd2.
Here we go!

Re: 2018 Grammar results

Post by Here we go! »

Yes, I'm waiting. This is our first Experience. Can't say I'd want to repeat it! :roll:
Onedayonechance

Here we go! wrote:Yes, I'm waiting. This is our first Experience. Can't say I'd want to repeat it! :roll:
Second experience is worse!! DS1 didn't want to take the test and I was so relieved.

Are you waiting for the boys or girls? How did they find the test?
Jced79

Post by Jced79 »

My daughter will probably be recieving her results today. I’m not looking forward to it at all, mainly because of her reaction when she came out of the test. I have a bad feeling and suspect that nerves got the better of her on the day. Also, my wife is working today and I’m busy taking the kids to parties and swimming, so won’t be home until dinner time! Good luck to everyone else, I hope you get the result you need. Lots of people seem to read this part of the forum, but very few actually join and post, which is a real shame.
Here we go!

Post by Here we go! »

I know! It's amazing how many views there are in comparison to the actual replies!

I have a daughter and she didn't feel it went well. She misread a section which really confused her, and didn't realise what she had done until near the end. I guess that's the way it goes but it feels pretty harsh especially as it happened on her strongest paper!

Ah well...
Onedayonechance

I agree it's disappointing how quiet this part of the forum is, I know it's a smaller amount of children applying than other areas but still 1200+ children.

Most people said there child found part of it hard.

Jced that's a long wait especially if you start to hear others results.
Good luck everyone
Jced79

Post by Jced79 »

I think I’ll probably give in and dash home during one of the parties. I don’t think I want her to be there when I open it anyway, although I’m still a bit undecided. If it’s good news I would wish she was there!
Emsib

Post by Emsib »

I’m impatiently waiting too. Just hope the postman comes soon. I really don’t know what to expect from the results. My son said the maths was really hard and that was normally his strongest subject!!!
Jced79

Post by Jced79 »

That’s similar to what I heard, that the maths was the most difficult. We’ve had to go out now, so won’t be home until later! Knowing they might be there on the floor makes it even worse!

Good luck!
Onedayonechance

Jced79 wrote:That’s similar to what I heard, that the maths was the most difficult. We’ve had to go out now, so won’t be home until later! Knowing they might be there on the floor makes it even worse!

Good luck!
What time does your post normally arrive?

I've also heard maths was v hard and lots of children I know missed the last few questions on the verbal.