Saturdays test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bourne Mum

Re: Saturdays test

Post by Bourne Mum »

And well done to everyone with results that have come in since. Whatever the outcome, a big round of applause to all you parents, and all you do for your children.
J1278

Post by J1278 »

Lfpoolemum wrote:We are currently in Florida and our flight lands early hours sunday morning. So the post will be sat there waiting :shock:
Wow how lovely. Did you get your results yet or was your flight delayed?
Lfpoolemum

Post by Lfpoolemum »

J1278 wrote:
Lfpoolemum wrote:We are currently in Florida and our flight lands early hours sunday morning. So the post will be sat there waiting :shock:
We are home, but no letter. How frustrating.
J1278

Post by J1278 »

Oh no! So frustrating. It seems unfair that some children have received results while others have to wait due to the post. Lots of grammar schools send emails.
A much better system. Your child’s current school has the results so you could ask them in the morning.
lollypop1119

Post by lollypop1119 »

Huge congrats to everyone who got the results they wanted on Saturday and sending love to those who didn't I believe things work out for a reason and your son or daughter will be happier wherever they end up and something amazing will happen for them at the school they eventually go to ***

I for one am so relieved my grammar test experience is over after 2 years in a row !! My son got a stong pass of 353 so very relieved and in catchment for Poole. My daughter started at Parkstone in September.
Dorsetmum77 wrote:Yes have a safe journey home :)

Can I ask, for those who have already got children at Grammar School, what is your experience and why exactly have you chosen the route of Grammar.

Just Interested in every opinion as some people say single sex schools aren’t healthy! :)

@Dorsetmum77 In response to your question above, my daughter took test last year and passed with 309 with no tutoring and no prep at home apart from the last couple of weeks (it was a last minute decision to go for it). We decided to try for the grammar as we had a friends daughter who had just started and was loving it. My daughter was fine at her middle school but not pushed and not particularly inspired, she found the children mucking around annoying and was just ready for more. She started at Parkstone in September and I can honestly say I have never known her so happy. It just seems to be the right fit for her. I am really impressed with my experience at the school so far. I'm hoping my son will feel similarly at home at Poole this time next year. If you have any other questions please just ask. xx
Kelster1976

Post by Kelster1976 »

Lfpoolemum wrote:
J1278 wrote:
We are home, but no letter. How frustrating.
Have you managed to get your results yet ? Like it wasn't bad enough thinking they would be waiting on the doormat, to then get home and nothing !!! How stressful !
Lfpoolemum

Post by Lfpoolemum »

We finally got the letter and it's a PASS! :D

My daughter is over the moon, and I'm so pleased for her.
Shes only just reached the pass mark, however she studied for this all by herself and did say that she missed a few questions on the exam, so we are all so relieved that she passed. I have no doubts she is capable enough.

Question. If we are within catchment (BH12) Will her score affect her? Or is it only if it's over subscribed with catchment girls that they rank them in score order? I guess I just want some reassurance.
lollypop1119

Post by lollypop1119 »

You'll be fine in catchement :) It is done by score in catchment but if you are in catchment and pass you should always get a place, they then save some spaces back for highest scoring out of catchments. I was in same boat as you last year with daughter who just passed (like you no tutoring and not much prep) and I was nervous until school allocations came through, but have since been assured that if in catchment and passed you will get a place. huge congratulations! my daughter started parkstone in September and absolutely loves it xx
Thomas1979

Post by Thomas1979 »

"have since been assured that if in catchment and passed you will get a place"

Is this also true for Bournemouth School (boys)?

If someone in catchment had a score of 315 (pass mark 308), would they be almost certain to be given a place?