Saturdays test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dorsetmum77

Saturdays test

Post by Dorsetmum77 »

Hi all,
Is there anyone who had a child who took the test Saturday.
How did they get on? Any feedback?
I got very little from my daughter other than English comprehension was hard.
It’s going to be a long 3 weeks!
mad?

Re: Saturdays test

Post by mad? »

Just a gentle reminder not to reveal anything about test content.
mad?
Kelster1976

Post by Kelster1976 »

Hi,
My DD did the test on Saturday at Parkstone too. Hasn't said too much about it all other than Maths and VR seemed OK but had the same feedback on English, that it was more difficult than expected !
Can't say too much more as pupils are sitting the same test this Saturday.
Yes, this next 3 weeks is going to drag !
lollypop1119

Post by lollypop1119 »

Son sat for Poole on Saturday, he said it was all OK. Everyone else I have spoken to has said the same … like you say a long three weeks! He went in happy and came out happy though and found it to be a positive experience so that feels like win really anyway. Good luck to your daughters. Mine took it last year and has just started at Parkstone, she is absolutely loving it, was the right decision for her xx
Underthegreysky

Post by Underthegreysky »

Hi. My DD did the test at Parkstone and had the same feedback. Maths & VR easier and English harder than expected and she left 10 questions :shock: . But a few mums at DD's school I've spoken to said their children found English okay and maths hard. Suppose all depend on the children's strengths and the weaknesses within the subjects.
I just hate the waiting period...
All the best to everyone!
Dorsetmum77

Post by Dorsetmum77 »

Would be great to hear how everyone got on :) good luck and best wishes.
Bourne Mum

Post by Bourne Mum »

Hie all, my DS sat the test, so waiting for results like everyone else.

He said Maths was very easy, English was medium and VB was hard.

But overall he came out rather cheerful. Was worried about him as he tends to get over anxious, but he said the atmosphere was good.

This is our 3rd DS to go through this. We'v been out of catchment each time.

Our first two were both successful. One is now in year 12 at Poole Grammar School and the other one is in year 8.

So nervously waiting for Saturday. With two brothers in, there's a bit of pressure on his lil shoulders, but we'v tried our best to prepare him for every possible outcome.

All the best to everyone.

Last time our letter arrived on the day they had said they'd be posting (Friday), so we'r on the lookout as of tomorrow.
Kelster1976

Post by Kelster1976 »

Not long to go now !

Bourne Mum - Results came on the Friday last time !!!! I'll be on the lookout then.

Will be glad when we have the results and this is all finally over ... Don't think I could go through this all again Lol :wink:

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Already so proud of our DD for the hard work she's put in and getting through the exams - a pass would be the icing on the cake :D
Bourne Mum

Post by Bourne Mum »

Kelster1976 -

I have to go through it again once more. Imagine!!

My DD will be writing in 3 years.

Will you all be opening the results yourselves, or will you wait for your children to get back from school?

With DS1 I sneakily read the results, then acted surprised when he opened them in front of us all.

With DS2 I behaved myself and waited to find out along with the rest of the family.

This time I don't know what to do :lol:
Kelster1976

Post by Kelster1976 »

Bourne Mum wrote:Kelster1976 -

I have to go through it again once more. Imagine!!

My DD will be writing in 3 years.

Will you all be opening the results yourselves, or will you wait for your children to get back from school?

With DS1 I sneakily read the results, then acted surprised when he opened them in front of us all.

With DS2 I behaved myself and waited to find out along with the rest of the family.

This time I don't know what to do :lol:
No, I can’t imagine !! Lol.

:D I must admit if they came Friday I’d be tempted to open them first ! Lol I wouldn’t be able to sit and look at them all day. But if they turn up as they’re supposed to on Saturday then we’ll open them together. So nerve wracking. My daughter is still unnervingly calm at the moment ... I know I won’t sleep Friday night !
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now