Saturdays test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kelster1976

Re: Saturdays test

Post by Kelster1976 »

Gavzpacho wrote:Excellent !!! big congratulations. Well done to your daughter.
Thank you. Big smile on her face as her best mate also passed.[/quote]

Ah brilliant. At least it’s all over now and we can all relax. Time to apply now :D[/quote]
Well done everyone who got through this. Such a stressful time for parents and kids[/quote]

Very stressful for everyone. Sometimes think the parents suffer more hoping it all works out for our children. Don’t know how people go through this more than once ... glad I haven’t got to do it again ! :wink:
Mum2019

Post by Mum2019 »

Following this thread, just wanted to share my DD result, just received 381(ooc).
Pleased, thank you all :D

Is out of catchment rank based or distanced based. How do we know the rank to be sure of a place allocation, can someone pls share there experiences.
Kelster1976

Post by Kelster1976 »

Mum2019 wrote:Following this thread, just wanted to share my DD result, just received 381(ooc).
Pleased, thank you all :D

Is out of catchment rank based or distanced based. How do we know the rank to be sure of a place allocation, can someone pls share there experiences.
Where are you applying for ? Well done on an amazing score :D
Bourne Mum

Post by Bourne Mum »

Hie all, congrats on the fantastic results.

Sorry for the late posting. Had to leave the house on errands as soon as ours arrived, and haven't had the time to post ours.

I promised myself that I would come and write our results, whatever they turn out to be. So here I am.

Unfortunately he didn't make it. He got 285, and the Pass mark for Bournemouth Boys is 308 and for Poole its 300.

It hasn't come too much of a shock, as academically he hadn't reached the same level his brothers where by the time they sat the test.

As a psychologist myself, I am mindful of the fact that children develop at different rates. Some are late bloomers, and he is certainly one of those. He was doing below average in all his subjects throughout the first years of school, but he suddenly started picking up at a fast rate once he hit year 4. By the time he sat the exam, he was above average in Maths and average in the other subjects.

So bearing in mind that the odd were still against him, we let him sit the test as that was his choice.

Sometimes you have to let them experience disappointment in life; it is what strengthens them. Its not about the fall, its about how you get up.

He was obviously crashed when he read the results, but he bounced back quickly and he is cheerful about the future. He says everything happens for a reason, so he is not going to let himself be down.

He is our most philosophical child, so that has been helpful. It otherwise can't be easy to be the brother that didn't get in, when the others did, however he has handled it well. And his siblings have been very supportive and giving him words of encouragement.

This episode hasn't put his younger sister off from sitting the exam though, so we shall be going through this again.

As for now, we as a family actually quite excited about the next chapter. This is the first time we will be having a child not in Grammar school, so we are keen to see a different way of things. We know he will be fine wherever he goes, he is such a beautiful spirit.

Congrats again to everybody, I am genuinely and extremely happy for you all. Please could you kindly post your results in the Results for 2020 sticky at the top of this forums. It will help people in future years to be able to see the results easily. They are a bit lost amongst our chats here. I certainly will need them for next time.

All the best to you all and this next chapter. ***
Kelster1976

Post by Kelster1976 »

Bourne Mum

Sorry to hear DS didn’t quite make it but so glad he’s bounced back. He will do just fine wherever he goes and clearly has a lot of support and positive people around him to help and guide him.

Wishing him all the best :wink:
Bourne Mum

Post by Bourne Mum »

Kelster1976 wrote:Bourne Mum

Sorry to hear DS didn’t quite make it but so glad he’s bounced back. He will do just fine wherever he goes and clearly has a lot of support and positive people around him to help and guide him.

Wishing him all the best :wink:
Thank you so much for the kind words Kelster. That means a lot. Its been amazing sharing this journey with you. ***
Mum2019

Post by Mum2019 »

Bourne Mum wrote:
Sometimes you have to let them experience disappointment in life; it is what strengthens them. Its not about the fall, its about how you get up.

He was obviously crashed when he read the results, but he bounced back quickly and he is cheerful about the future. He says everything happens for a reason, so he is not going to let himself be down.

He is our most philosophical child, so that has been helpful. It otherwise can't be easy to be the brother that didn't get in, when the others did, however he has handled it well. And his siblings have been very supportive and giving him words of encouragement.

This episode hasn't put his younger sister off from sitting the exam though, so we shall be going through this again.

As for now, we as a family actually quite excited about the next chapter. This is the first time we will be having a child not in Grammar school, so we are keen to see a different way of things. We know he will be fine wherever he goes, he is such a beautiful spirit***
Wow! Such a great way of looking at things, what a wonderful thinking no doubt he will bounce back and do extremely well.

I am a example of someone who was not so great academically unlike my siblings, It never clicked to me until I was 20. The trigger is my failure in one of the key acemedic tests at that age and now I am proudly heading up a unit in software organisation.

It is the personality one has that matters more than the acedamics(my experience).

Good luck and best wishes to you and the whole family :D
Mum1984

Post by Mum1984 »

Bourne Mum wrote:Hie all, congrats on the fantastic results.

Sorry for the late posting. Had to leave the house on errands as soon as ours arrived, and haven't had the time to post ours.

I promised myself that I would come and write our results, whatever they turn out to be. So here I am.

Unfortunately he didn't make it. He got 285, and the Pass mark for Bournemouth Boys is 308 and for Poole its 300.

It hasn't come too much of a shock, as academically he hadn't reached the same level his brothers where by the time they sat the test.

As a psychologist myself, I am mindful of the fact that children develop at different rates. Some are late bloomers, and he is certainly one of those. He was doing below average in all his subjects throughout the first years of school, but he suddenly started picking up at a fast rate once he hit year 4. By the time he sat the exam, he was above average in Maths and average in the other subjects.

So bearing in mind that the odd were still against him, we let him sit the test as that was his choice.

As for now, we as a family actually quite excited about the next chapter. This is the first time we will be having a child not in Grammar school, so we are keen to see a different way of things. We know he will be fine wherever he goes, he is such a beautiful spirit.

Congrats again to everybody, I am genuinely and extremely happy for you all. Please could you kindly post your results in the Results for 2020 sticky at the top of this forums. It will help people in future years to be able to see the results easily. They are a bit lost amongst our chats here. I certainly will need them for next time.

All the best to you all and this next chapter. ***
Dear Bourne Mum,

What you said is absolutely true.. Your DS attitude is amazing and quite mature.. Am sure he will do very well.
Dorsetmum77

Post by Dorsetmum77 »

Dear Bourne mum
It sounds like you have a very level headed DS, you must be very proud.
I’m a strong believer in fate and great things are around the corner :)
Bourne Mum

Post by Bourne Mum »

Lol now you'v all got me emotional with your great show of support and comforting words. That is very kind of you all, and i'm sure your words will help not only me, but also the others who read the forums but feel unable to post.
Mum2019 wrote:
Wow! Such a great way of looking at things, what a wonderful thinking no doubt he will bounce back and do extremely well.

I am a example of someone who was not so great academically unlike my siblings, It never clicked to me until I was 20. The trigger is my failure in one of the key acemedic tests at that age and now I am proudly heading up a unit in software organisation.

It is the personality one has that matters more than the acedamics(my experience).

Good luck and best wishes to you and the whole family :D
Thank you ever so much for sharing your life experience and showing us all how things can turnaround. Well done for all you have gone on to achieve.

And you are right about the personality aspect. I think sometimes society places a heavy emphasis on academics and that can put a lot of pressure on everyone; parents and children.

However, you are a prime example of how far one can get, despite not having initially recieved the desired outcome. So thank you for boosting my hope...