Travel to Bournemouth school for girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GinDoll

Re: Travel to Bournemouth school for girls

Post by GinDoll »

The upsides -
- Bullying appears to be minimal and is dealt with swiftly (I mention this first as I hear from my daughters junior school friends things that have happened at their schools).
- The school make an effort to include parents and are quick to call if there is a problem.
- The few staff I have met have been really pleasant and my daughter likes nearly all of her teachers which, for my child, is a miracle!
- The grounds are nice, it has a good reputation and it gets good results!
- My daughter can be difficult at times, I feel at BSG she is less likely to slip through the cracks and get put into lower sets when she is capable of so much more just because sometimes she plays up, or appears to not be paying attention. I honestly believe this would have happened if she went to the local school.

It seems from that list that the negatives outweigh the positives but the most important thing for me is that my daughter is happy there so BSG wins despite any negatives.

Anyway I hope that helps, if you have any more questions please ask xx
GinDoll

Post by GinDoll »

PS my daughter was offered a place with a lower score (by a fair amount) than your daughter.
singinggirl

Post by singinggirl »

Mum2019 wrote:Hi singinggirl,

Thank you for the very useful information, I did go to the school but was looking for feedback from parents who has Already sent DD to this school.

Kenyacowgirl did your DD go to this school?
Hi mum2019, yes that is why I replied because I have two girls at the school!! It is a fabulous school as I said and both my girls are very happy there. The mornings are very early for us as we live a 45 min bus journey away, which suits one early bird daughter very well, and the other daughter really hates the mornings! But they both love their schools and are happy to be there. Good friendship groups, incredibly approachable and kind teachers and the girls love their lessons. Couldn’t ask for more from a school really. Hope that helps.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now