Results - Saturday!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Poolegrammar2022

Re: Results - Saturday!

Post by Poolegrammar2022 »

Received ours today which I wasn’t expecting at all. Looks like out postie made a surprise rounds today! The wait is over for us finally and DS passed! Woohoo! OOC, so won’t be applying. So pleased.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Poolegrammar2022 wrote:Received ours today which I wasn’t expecting at all. Looks like out postie made a surprise rounds today! The wait is over for us finally and DS passed! Woohoo! OOC, so won’t be applying. So pleased.
So why did you take the exam then?
singinggirl

Post by singinggirl »

Congrats to all those who have passed! And it's always worth applying, even if you are OOC - if they have passed, go for it! And you can always add them to a waiting list if you don't get a place in March - waiting lists move really rapidly. If you want your child to go to a grammar school and they have passed, and you put the school as no 1 choice, it gives you all the options. Don't give up now!

Chuffed that my son has passed, and we are done! This is my third and final 11plus journey :D !
Poolegrammar2022

Post by Poolegrammar2022 »

I was told after my son took the exam that because we were way out of catchment area that chances he would get through would be very slim. The person who told me had a child who was OOC and didn’t get a place even though he passed. In light of that and not to disappoint my son we decided not to. I’m encouraged by what ‘singinggirl’ said and just might try our luck then. I believe the last date for on time applications are 30/10/2021, so will discuss with the fam and go ahead. Thanks for the good advice.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Poolegrammar2022 wrote:I was told after my son took the exam that because we were way out of catchment area that chances he would get through would be very slim. The person who told me had a child who was OOC and didn’t get a place even though he passed. In light of that and not to disappoint my son we decided not to. I’m encouraged by what ‘singinggirl’ said and just might try our luck then. I believe the last date for on time applications are 30/10/2021, so will discuss with the fam and go ahead. Thanks for the good advice.
If you put the school first on the list then if you don;t get a place it won't affect your chance at your second place school so worth a go and yes there is always the waiting list
Teddy22

Post by Teddy22 »

Hope those of you waiting get your results today!

My son passed with a score of 310. I'm so very proud of him and glad it's all over for now!
We are in catchment but I'm not sure whether he scored enough to get a place?

Either way we are super happy with him. He worked so hard! I took the test for Parkstone at his age and didn't pass it so there was no pressure on him just wanted to give him the opportunity.
Good luck everyone!
singinggirl

Post by singinggirl »

I feel so proud of my son teddy22 also. Congrats to yours! And I don’t see why that score wouldn’t be good enough if you are in catchment? You could always ask the school who won’t give you a cast iron guarantee but may well heavily suggest it would be fine… just for your peace of mind?

But it’s 9 points over, which is great!

X