CCHS open evening

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Nickib

CCHS open evening

Post by Nickib »

Hi. Anyone else going to the CCHS open evening tomorrow? DD is quite excited to see the school & hopefully it will give her a boost to keep working hard.
MmeOgg

Re: CCHS open evening

Post by MmeOgg »

I hope your DD enjoys visiting. My DD will be showing people around and is very excited to get to meet everyone, it is one of her favourite school events.
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

Thanks. xx
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

DD loved Chelmsford so it has definitely given her a needed boost. It’s a lovely school.
T0tleybrook

Post by T0tleybrook »

We went this evening too. DD loved it - it’s her number 1 choice now. Headmistress kept stressing about not preparing for the CEM. Well ....
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

We really liked it. I enjoyed the talk by the head, she was very honest. I honestly agree with what she said about coaching, although, admittedly dd has a tutor for one hour per week. I worked in a Redbridge school for 16 years & have seen just how detrimental obsessive tutoring can be. Our reason for getting a tutor was for familiarisation with the type of questioning in the papers.

DD is very excited & has something to aim for now. It’ll be tough as we are oc but what will be will be & we are proud of her regardless of the outcome.

I must admit i’m also quite excited after this evening. The school had a very positive, comfortable feel about it.
T0tleybrook

Post by T0tleybrook »

I couldn’t agree with you more. I disagree with intensive coaching, though DD has been signed up to a couple of mock tests, really to give her a bit of practise in shading and exam format. The school gave off a wonderful vibe - the girls were all engaged, and eager to show people round. Bring on September!