Travel/commute from Laindon to SHSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Positivemother

Travel/commute from Laindon to SHSB

Post by Positivemother »

Please does anyone have any information about the best way to get from Laindon station to SHSB?
I can't find any contract buses that go from the area and it seems it's a 30min walk from Westcliff station. Thanks
ToadMum

Re: Travel/commute from Laindon to SHSB

Post by ToadMum »

Positivemother wrote:Please does anyone have any information about the best way to get from Laindon station to SHSB?
I can't find any contract buses that go from the area and it seems it's a 30min walk from Westcliff station. Thanks

Train to Southend Central, then bus? The 7, 8, 20, 21 and 25 all stop very near the school, the 9 and the 29 a bit further away.

Most people can do Westcliff station to SHSB in less than 30 minutes, I think, albeit not a lot less. Neither the station nor the school has moved since you applied, though - your post does sound rather as if the distance between the two has come as a bit of a surprise?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Not a journey I'd fancy for 7 years. Have you tried it at school times?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Looking again, he could get the 822 from Leigh on Sea station, but it's only a one-off journey each way. Or walk up (with the emphasis on up) to the 21. However he does it, he will have to leave pretty early and have a contingency plan for when the trains don't run (not that frequent, but it happens).

https://www.firstgroup.com/essex/plan-j ... 7000000274
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Positivemother

Post by Positivemother »

Tx for the info. Will check all options.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now