What was the last score offered for WHSG (out of catchment)?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Starlearner17

What was the last score offered for WHSG (out of catchment)?

Post by Starlearner17 »

Hi All, Can anyone tell the last score offered for WHSG (out of catchment) in the last year (2018).
ToadMum

Re: What was the last score offered for WHSG (out of catchme

Post by ToadMum »

Starlearner17 wrote:Hi All, Can anyone tell the last score offered for WHSG (out of catchment) in the last year (2018).
The last score in notified by a forum member will be in Blitz's Collated cut offs thread near the top of the index for the Essex section of the forum (I.e. this bit :) ).

Eta, for the horse's mouth figure, you could try asking the school?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mrsb_loves

Post by Mrsb_loves »

I went to the presentation at WHSG last Thursday.

Last year for out of catchment, pupils out of the priority catchment area needed 337.4, however there was some movement between 1st March and 31st August and the last place offered to an out of priority area child was for 333.

He suggested this year it could be as low as 327.

Hope that helps.
Oguledoen

Post by Oguledoen »

Mrsb_loves wrote:I went to the presentation at WHSG last Thursday.

Last year for out of catchment, pupils out of the priority catchment area needed 337.4, however there was some movement between 1st March and 31st August and the last place offered to an out of priority area child was for 333.

He suggested this year it could be as low as 327.

Hope that helps.
Really! As low as 227?what else did they say?
Mrsb_loves

Post by Mrsb_loves »

Sorry , that was pretty all the info I got for OOC as we are IC the questions being asked weren’t relevant to us and we left soon after x
Starlearner17

Post by Starlearner17 »

Thanks Mrsb-loves. You gave a positive hope for me.It meant alot.
missymoo1972

Post by missymoo1972 »

Don’t wish to put a downer on it but last year he said similar and that he thought it would go below guidance sheet and he estimated 329 (my daughter was 328.751 OOC), obviously it didn’t go anywhere near. That said she got a place at SHSG and I now realise it’s a better fit for her personally so I’m actually relieved! (Had she scored the same this year, looking at somone else with the same marks she would have scored 348! It was meant to be I think)
Like both schools just a personal opinion.
Oguledoen

Post by Oguledoen »

missymoo1972 wrote:Don’t wish to put a downer on it but last year he said similar and that he thought it would go below guidance sheet and he estimated 329 (my daughter was 328.751 OOC), obviously it didn’t go anywhere near. That said she got a place at SHSG and I now realise it’s a better fit for her personally so I’m actually relieved! (Had she scored the same this year, looking at somone else with the same marks she would have scored 348! It was meant to be I think)
Like both schools just a personal opinion.
You clearly can't be comparing last years paper to this year. Last years' maths is the easiest on record and this year the hardest by the looks of it.
missymoo1972

Post by missymoo1972 »

I wasn’t comparing papers (though that’s the first I’ve heard that the maths was the easiest on record as everyone commented how easy the English was!) I was merely stating how different the standardisation can be as it was different by 20 marks. Obviously it wasn’t age standardised either.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now