Kegs or Westcliff

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
veryhopefulmum

Re: Kegs or Westcliff

Post by veryhopefulmum »

I'm mum to a boy at Kegs (Yr9), and you certainly shouldn't be disappointed if your son gets Westcliff instead. I wish I had put Westcliff ahead of Kegs on our application form and we live in Chelmsford.
mum of boys

Post by mum of boys »

I have boys at both schools and am very happy with them both. We are OOC for WHSB, but that has never caused my boys any problems as they can easily use public transport to meet up with friends in Southend, or if they stay late at school and miss the contract bus, they just use the bus and train. The schools are both great academically and I'm quite sure that whichever one they go to doesn't affect where they end up going on to afterwards. As long as they're happy, they'll do well. Good luck
resrtr

Post by resrtr »

KEGS mum here, very happy with the school, the head teacher and the pastoral care. They have a new sports hall and all the needed facilities are there. I haven't found anything lacking and the teaching is very good so far. if you are after a shiny, modern building which still smells.of paint, then KEGS is probably not for you. It's an old school and ilooks old as well, but all.the facilities are in place.

If your child utilizes the clubs and the after school opportunities, then the school is definitely worth it imo.
T0tleybrook

Post by T0tleybrook »

Second restr. My DS could not be happier. There is something for everyone, great camaderie in the school. He has made good friends, the teaching is excellent, incentives to do well. Superb all round school with good diversity
resrtr

Post by resrtr »

T0tleybrook wrote:Second restr. My DS could not be happier. There is something for everyone, great camaderie in the school. He has made good friends, the teaching is excellent, incentives to do well. Superb all round school with good diversity
Agree about the camaraderie bit, it's a happy school and my son is thriving not only academically but also socially. There are kids who are obsessed about fortnite while there are a few who are obsessed on improving their rubix cube solving times, it's not a one -suit- fits- all type of school, which is what I wanted for my son.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now