CCHSG transport options

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Anu25

CCHSG transport options

Post by Anu25 »

Hi,

We were looking at some new build houses in the Kingswood heath area near Mile End in Colchester.
I was wondering if there is any dedicated bus service for school kids living in Colchester to CCHSG.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Fuzzyfelt23

Re: CCHSG transport options

Post by Fuzzyfelt23 »

Are they near the 81A bus route?

http://www.essexbus.info/pdf/PT_81.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://moovitapp.com/index/en-gb/publi ... 9-787252-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They extend the route to the Norman Way Schools stop for the school opening and closing times.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Does the 65 cover that part of Colchester as well?

Is there a particular reason why it has to be a 'school bus'? There seem to be normal buses - mainly First - from all over the place in Colchester. I do see an actual 'school' bus near St Helena, but always assumed that brings pupils in from more distant places, rather than just within the town.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Anu25

Post by Anu25 »

Thanks, I had look at the map and I think the 65 does cover that area. It does not necessarily be a school bus but because we are new in town, would it possible for a parent to accompany the child initially on the bus till they get used to going on their own.
Regards
Fuzzyfelt23

Post by Fuzzyfelt23 »

Because they are public buses, there is nothing to stop you travelling too. There will probably be a few CCHSG girls on those buses anyway (I personally know at least 4 picking up the 81A from Dedham).