Ethnicity ratio in CCHS, WCHSG, CCHSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

practisehard

Ethnicity ratio in CCHS, WCHSG, CCHSG

Post by practisehard »

Hello,

Is there a way to find out current ethnicity ratio of these schools at all?

Many thanks
jbmum

Re: Ethnicity ratio in CCHS, WCHSG, CCHSG

Post by jbmum »

You could have a look at their OFSTED reports. I only say that because I remember that a couple of years ago the CRGS report said it was the most ethnically diverse school in Colchester so it is clearly something which is looked at by them.
practisehard

Post by practisehard »

Yes true. Only the last ofsted inspections were out years ago. CCHS in 2007, WCHSG 2010. So pretty outdated. :(
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

practisehard wrote:Yes true. Only the last ofsted inspections were out years ago. CCHS in 2007, WCHSG 2010. So pretty outdated. :(
A poster commented about 3 years ago that their DD was one of only 3 white girls in her year group (year 7 at the time) at Woodford.

Are you just curious, or would the balance (whichever way) make a difference to your decision about whether to apply for a school?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
practisehard

Post by practisehard »

Hope I will get the luxury of choosing between few schools :) I believe a healthy ratio is important for children. It is really hard to get correct data. Ofsted report is outdated and none of these schools accept school visits when the school is in action.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

practisehard wrote:Hope I will get the luxury of choosing between few schools :) I believe a healthy ratio is important for children. It is really hard to get correct data. Ofsted report is outdated and none of these schools accept school visits when the school is in action.
Just aim for the nearest school!!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

hermanmunster wrote:
practisehard wrote:Hope I will get the luxury of choosing between few schools :) I believe a healthy ratio is important for children. It is really hard to get correct data. Ofsted report is outdated and none of these schools accept school visits when the school is in action.
Just aim for the nearest school!!
Seems like a plan. There's about 20 miles between CCHS and CCHSG, not sure of the distance between either of them and WCHS, but it's off in the other direction. Personally, I would vote for the one which involves the least time spent on Greater Anglia or the A12...
Last edited by ToadMum on Tue May 18, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
CM3_dad

Post by CM3_dad »

The grammer schools will have a higher ratio of non whites to whites than surrounding state comprehensives. The reason behind this is that parents of african blacks, indians, chinese/east asians, value education more, like middle class whites, and push (by tutoring and installing these values in their kids) and hence they achieve better scores than their conterparts with the same iq. Places like ilford have a high ethnic minority population in the surrounding areas, plus the grammer schools there give priority to locals. Add in the fact that poorer whites don't put the same emphasis on education as their chinese/indian/african black counterparts who are from the same social background, and hence you get that high ethnic minority intake at ilford/woodford.
I have read there is a new breed of children of ethnic minority (white eu migrants) who also place a high emphasis on education/tutoring, so expect them to be taking up a higher proportion of grammer school places in a few years, if its not happening now.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now