Essex scores October 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Singan

Re: Essex scores October 2021

Post by Singan »

woodmf28 wrote:Wish someone can predict the cut offs to end the wait til 1st March! Lol
:) Wish the same, to put a full stop to this Endless Wait! :roll:
CakeMom

Post by CakeMom »

CEM result for my DD is 110.24
We're OOC for CCHS.
Can anyone comment on whether this is good enough?
Or if there's no chance whatsoever?
Any thoughts would be most helpful. Thank you.
PTO

Post by PTO »

If I understand correctly , if a place is offered in School No. 3, they DC remains on the waiting list of Schools 1 and 2 and can still be offered a place at one of these schools if the waiting list is reduced to 0.
hermanmunster wrote:
alinaM wrote: Questions:
- does the order of preference while submitting the form to the local authority has any impact? reason I'm asking is that I would like to open the list with CCHSG, although, as per instruction, no girls OC from Band 2 were offered a place

-

The order of preference makes no difference in your chance of being offered a school
you will be offered one school and it will be the highest on your list where a place is available
if you don't get a place at your first school then it is disregarded and your second place school becomes your first
remember - put the schools in true order of preference.
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

Are the numbers of children that took the CSSE and CEM (CCHS) exams for 2022 entry available yet.

I found some numbers for 2021 but assumed that was 2021 entry.

Just trying to gauge if the competition for places further increased or decreased this year.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

tomcat wrote:Are the numbers of children that took the CSSE and CEM (CCHS) exams for 2022 entry available yet.

Just trying to gauge if the competition for places further increased or decreased this year.

Code: Select all

Intake Year   Total Number of  Candidates 
 2022   4815 
https://csse.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... -Entry.pdf

If CCHS publishes the equivalent info, presumably it would be on its website. The CSSE data is on there's under 'Freedom of Information', along with all the standardisation details etc.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Singan

Post by Singan »

Hi All,

Please can DS parents enter their scores in the Google spreadsheet below, which would give us some visibility on whether boys in the border stand a chance? Pls enter KEGS, CRGS, West cliff and South end boys (Inside or outside). Thanks in advance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

ToadMum wrote:
tomcat wrote:Are the numbers of children that took the CSSE and CEM (CCHS) exams for 2022 entry available yet.

Code: Select all

Intake Year   Total Number of  Candidates 
 2022   4815 
https://csse.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... -Entry.pdf

If CCHS publishes the equivalent info, presumably it would be on its website. The CSSE data is on there's under 'Freedom of Information', along with all the standardisation details etc.
Thanks so much ToadMum - really appreciate you helping find this.
Vasuin

Post by Vasuin »

Hi My son is October born, he scored 30 in English & 48 in Maths, his total score is 324. If we move to Southend by November , can he get a place in Westcliff?

Regards
V
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Vasuin wrote:Hi My son is October born, he scored 30 in English & 48 in Maths, his total score is 324. If we move to Southend by November , can he get a place in Westcliff?

Regards
V
the score for OOC in March was 353

Looks like you would have to be able to present all the evidence of having moved by 26th November - I suspect that you have left it too late for that.
Vasuin

Post by Vasuin »

Hi ,
Thank you very much for your reply.

Actually my son scored 371 in Kent test, so he can make it to Skinners', if we move to Kent. On the other hand he may get in West cliff if we move to Southend as he got 324 in CSSE. I am confused!!

Is Southend a safe place for a going up child

Any suggestions please?

Regards
V
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now