Chelmsford County High for girls CEM exam result sharing

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

CockapooMum

Chelmsford County High for girls CEM exam result sharing

Post by CockapooMum »

My DD will be sitting Bexley CEM exam at her school this year, just wondering if the results from Bexley CEM could be shared with Essex CEM schools? I have read the admission policy on CCHS that around 36 places are offered OOC - is my understanding correct?

Many thanks for the help.
ToadMum

Re: Chelmsford County High for girls CEM exam result sharing

Post by ToadMum »

It's a different exam. If you look at the admissions information for CCHS, it should say which other schools, if any, use the same exam.

Bear in mind that the admissions policy for 2023 entry won't be available until after the end of next month.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
CockapooMum

Post by CockapooMum »

ToadMum wrote:It's a different exam. If you look at the admissions information for CCHS, it should say which other schools, if any, use the same exam.

Bear in mind that the admissions policy for 2023 entry won't be available until after the end of next month.
Thanks for the reply. I read on the school website "In addition, there are other schools in the wider geographical area who will be using the same test." just wondering if Bexley is one of the other schools... :)

Regarding my 2nd question - is it right that 36 places are offered to OCC? Many thanks again.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

https://www.cchs.co.uk/admissions/admis ... mber-2022/

1.4 Allocation of places on over-subscription Where applications for admission exceed the number of places available in Year 7, places will be allocated in descending score order from the Ranked List of Applicants (who have not already been offered a place at a higher preference) in the order of priority listed below: 1. The applicant is a Looked After Child or Previously Looked After Child who has achieved a score within the top or middle bands as advised in the CCHS Entrance Test result letter posted to parents, irrespective of where they permanently live. 2. Of the next 144, places will be allocated as follows:

(a) up to 30 places will be made available to applicants in receipt of pupil premium, who have achieved a score within the top or middle bands as advised in the CCHS Entrance Test result letter posted to parents and live at a permanent home address within the 12.5 mile priority area (See definition Appendix 1) of the school. The offer of a place is conditional upon the applicant being continuously resident within the priority area (at their permanent home address) between 1st September of Year 6 and the start of Year 7 at CCHS. b) the remaining places (of the 144) will be allocated to applicants living at a permanent home address within the 12.5 mile priority area of the school. The offer of a place is conditional upon the applicant being continuously resident within the priority area (at their permanent home address) between 1st September of Year 6 and the start of Year 7 at CCHS. 3. All remaining places (up to 36) will be allocated in descending score order from the Ranked List of Applicants irrespective of where they permanently live until all 180 places are filled.

The last bit means that any remaining IC applicants scoring more than the 36th OOC applicant will be offered places, rather than the 36 places not specifically ring-fenced for IC apicants automatically going OOC. So yes, the maximum number of places available to OOC applicants is 36.

Iirc, the other areas using the same exam have been Kendrick (and Reading for boys), Slough, Gloucestershire, Redbridge and ??one of the areas in the North of England somewhere (may be misremembering that one). However, last year, Redbridge dropped out of the group, so there may be more changes this year. The best thing to do, if the details are not given explicitly once the 2023 entry guidance is published, would probably be to contact CEM at Cambridge?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
CockapooMum

Post by CockapooMum »

Hi thanks so much for the explanation. I sent a message to University of Cambridge this afternoon, hope will hear back from them soon.

Do you know where I can find the statistics of the OCC offers in the past few years? Guess there won't be many each year?

Many thanks.
Nurseryend4

Post by Nurseryend4 »

Hi
Its 30 places at CCHS for OOC. You can find some info on their website under the freedom of information tab.
Good luck
Nurseryend4

Post by Nurseryend4 »

Sorry 36 places max OOC
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now