Redbridge and CSSE exams on the same date

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Caesar2019

Redbridge and CSSE exams on the same date

Post by Caesar2019 »

Hi all,

Redbridge have announced that the date of the 11plus is 17th September, which is the same day as the CSSE exam. Does anyone know if CSSE will allow applicants to sit the exam on the later date? Redbridge have made clear in their guidance that they won’t… thanks so much in advance, a very stressed mum over here!
ToadMum

Re: Redbridge and CSSE exams on the same date

Post by ToadMum »

Caesar2019 wrote:Hi all,

Redbridge have announced that the date of the 11plus is 17th September, which is the same day as the CSSE exam. Does anyone know if CSSE will allow applicants to sit the exam on the later date? Redbridge have made clear in their guidance that they won’t… thanks so much in advance, a very stressed mum over here!

The information guide for the CSSE is on the website
https://csse.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... -ENTRY.pdf

It always used to be that the only reasons for requesting the reserve date were being taken ill on or just before the day (with a doctor's certificate) or one's religion prohibiting the sitting of entrance exams on a Saturday, but the former is not specifically mentioned in this year's guide, nor, as far as I can see, is taking a different exam on the same day specifically stated as not an exception, so you may be lucky.

Another ploy woukd be to wait until as late as possible to register, as the Tuesday sitting has for a few years now been an overspill session as much as a backup in extremis.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mukran

Post by mukran »

I believe the same happened last year as well. I am not sure but I think last year CSSE did allow impacted kids to sit on the alternate date. It will be very helpful to hear from parents who were in the same situation last year on their experience and how to approach CSSE.
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

CSSE was very accommodative last year and whoever requested alternate day with proof that their DC is appearing for Redbridge Exam were allowed to write it on an alternate day. You can write to CSSE and check if they will do the same this year as well.
mukran

Post by mukran »

Someone contacted CSSE today and he reported the following:

"I called CSSE … they said when the registration opens there will be alternate date of 27th Sept available to select, but they will need proof of application made to Redbridge"

So, looks like the same process as last year is being followed which is surely a relief!!
Caesar2019

Post by Caesar2019 »

Thanks all, that is a relief!