To do when newly moved inside catchment area - CCHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
RajCloud

Re: To do when newly moved inside catchment area - CCHS

Post by RajCloud »

ECC website is a good one, that helps me a lot to go through..thanks for that

Thanks everyone for sharing loads of details,,,need to go through and figure out the things to do in a correct order..

Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

absolutely! moving is hectic when there are so many elements to sort out
solimum

Post by solimum »

However, under what circumstances would you be living in the priority area by the 1st - and able to show that this was your DD's permanent residence - but then be moving on very shortly afterwards?
I presume moving for a job, renting somewhere locally temporarily and then buying a permanent residence in the same area? It is notoriously difficult to get a chain of house moves co-ordinated to a deadline and it is only once you live in an area that you really get a feel for the local property market and are able to act swiftly when something suitable becomes available. Some employers will help find that temporary accommodation for new / relocating employees they are keen to attract
RajCloud

Post by RajCloud »

Hello All
i'm not this is the correct place to ask this..apologies

for CEM, my understanding is kids writing for a Total score of 200 (Paper1 -100/Paper2 -100) marks, but on the CCHS admission policy document it says

Previous years Test Results Bands
Year of Test Top Middle Lower
2021 130.06 – 106.26 106.25 – 90.07 90.06 - 61
2020 129 – 109.03 109.02 – 93.08 93.07 - 59
2019 128 – 106.98 106.97 – 92.56 92.55 - 61

How do they do this calculation, hope the above table is not showing the score for 200....whats the formula to derive this ?
Anyone has the details
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I've just realised that this might be better in the Essex section so will move it now.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

RajCloud wrote:Hello All
i'm not this is the correct place to ask this..apologies

for CEM, my understanding is kids writing for a Total score of 200 (Paper1 -100/Paper2 -100) marks, but on the CCHS admission policy document it says

Previous years Test Results Bands
Year of Test Top Middle Lower
2021 130.06 – 106.26 106.25 – 90.07 90.06 - 61
2020 129 – 109.03 109.02 – 93.08 93.07 - 59
2019 128 – 106.98 106.97 – 92.56 92.55 - 61

How do they do this calculation, hope the above table is not showing the score for 200....whats the formula to derive this ?
Anyone has the details

The scores are standardised - basically comparing an individual's performance (raw score) against the mean score, with candidates' age at time of testing also being taken into account. The standardisation process is undertaken by CEM, but is not normally released (unlike the CSSE formula, which is published on the CSSE website for each year's cohort at some point after the results are released).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
RajCloud

Post by RajCloud »

Thanks a lot...yeah..i searched and couldn't find one for CEM...can't get the rational behind not disclosing the mathematical formula...anyway...it is what it is...i'll leave it there

Thanks
RajCloud

Post by RajCloud »

Hello all

Finally we managed to secure a property for rental within CM1 postcode from Leeds for renting, we are moving inside Chelmsford (CM1) on 10th Sep...we originally looking to move before 1st Sep as per CCHS to make sure we qualify to be considered within the priority area as the CCHS admission policy says as below
The offer of a place is conditional upon the applicant being continuously resident within the priority area (at their permanent home address) between 1st September of Year 6 and the start of Year 7 at CCHS.

now i have got query, since i'm moving on 15th Sep 2022, and the results and allocation is on later date, will our home postcode (once updated to Chelmsford council and CCHS) will be considered for the priority area allocation....the reason i got this doubt is policy says as 'between 1st September of Year 6 and the start of Year 7 '

very puzzled...could anyone pls clarify this situation where exactly i would fall under after moving home on 15th Sep 2022 i.e. Inside Priority or Outside Priority ?

Many Thanks
Raj
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If you (and your DD) won't have moved to the Chelmsford address until after the 1st, she will be regarded as OOC, because from the beginning of the relevant period to the day you move in, your DD's address will not have been within the priority area.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
RajCloud

Post by RajCloud »

ToadMum wrote:If you (and your DD) won't have moved to the Chelmsford address until after the 1st, she will be regarded as OOC, because from the beginning of the relevant period to the day you move in, your DD's address will not have been within the priority area.

Thanks a lot for that, so i should be considered as OOC from 01Sep till 14Sep (say i'm moving inside CM1 on 15th) and from 15th Sep my DD address will be considered as inside priority area?
if thats the case should i consider my DD will be behind in the queue (as we moved in only from 15th Sep) for Inside priority place allocation compare to the another resident girl who scored same mark but living within Priority area say from 01st Sep

Sorry if my question is unclear, i'm trying to explain my query thats knocking my head for a while now