Help please! Re Kipps paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

First-timer

Help please! Re Kipps paper

Post by First-timer »

DH has (true to form) gotten with the programme at the eleventh hour and last night brought home some 11+ materials passed to him from a colleague. A lot of the materials I already have - fine. He also had the 2001 CSSE paper - which I didn't have previously. Trouble is, I have the questions and answer scheme for the English paper (Kipps) but no extract from the book. :(

I have found a website from which I can download the book but I don't know where the extract begins and ends. Can anyone help?

moved

Post by moved »

I didn't have the answers for this paper but I do have the text. It is quite a nice paper so would be good for confidence at this late stage. It begins and ends with:

There came a time when she could not open one of the classroom windows. The man with the black beard pored over his chipping heedlessly...

ʻNot a bit,ʼ said Kipps, as he would have said if they had been sawing his arm off.

You will need to play with the line endings so that synonym words match those in the passage. The punctuation lines will also need to have the correct line numbering.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Brilliant, thanks! :D
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Found it! I'll change the line references in the question paper - it'll be quicker than faffing around with spacing, fonts etc.

You're a star, moving! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now