How did it go today 21/11/09?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

DA

How did it go today 21/11/09?

Post by DA »

Can we have feedback on the exam today. My DS found the English very challenging and the ******** int the VR.
But I'm happy it's all over now!!!

Content of the test removed by a moderator.
moved

Post by moved »

I can give you similar feedback, English tough the other two OK (for the majority of my pupils, two of them didn't like any of it).

As some still have to take the test please don't mention texts used or material involved.
DA

Post by DA »

You are right!!! Completely forgot about the 2nd of Dec sitting!!!!!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

I was really thinking of all you poor parents today.I was in Chelmsford and there were a lot of weary 11+ers in various pizza venues.

Well done to you all.

Just to say both Dds had lots of friends who said it was "easy" but didn't get in and vice versa. IMHO it is a good idea to, once the dust has settled, start talking up your other options as being positive too.

Its a long wait but at least you have Christmas shopping to distract . :roll:
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

DA wrote:You are right!!! Completely forgot about the 2nd of Dec sitting!!!!!
Do they use the same exam papers or completely new ones?
NOTLEY PARENTS

Re: How did it go today 21/11/09?

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

DA wrote:Can we have feedback on the exam today. My DS found the English very challenging and the oppposite in meaning int the VR.
But I'm happy it's all over now!!!
As above really, maths and english challenging but VR quite easy. Glad its all over though.
moved

Post by moved »

Chelmsford mum wrote:I was really thinking of all you poor parents today.I was in Chelmsford and there were a lot of weary 11+ers in various pizza venues.

It is strange isn't it that feeling doesn't go away. We drove past the school when DC went to orchestra. Felt very sorry for the poor shell-shocked looking parents.
Gracienick

Post by Gracienick »

My daughter said the English was ok, maths hard and VR not bad at all. She must have found the VR a little easier than some of her practise papers as she actually managed to finish the test and she usually runs out of time.

Anyway she's really glad it's over. Now working towards the Brentwood test on Jan 23rd but from what I've been told, it's a little easier than the 11+ with a stronger emphasis on writing which she loves.
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

Same as all other posts really, DD thought the English was challenging but maths and VR ok, just gald we chose one of the smaller venues to take the test! We all now have a very long wait until March gggrrrrr :P
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

My DS came out smiling - but that means nothing, he's a happy soul!

He said everyone - including the other candidates - was friendly. From what I had read on this site, I had warned him that some children may make sly asides during the breaks and to ignore these. As it happened, this advice was not needed. It was a very positive experience for him.

I haven't pressed him for information about what came up in the exam because it doesn't matter now (and I'll see the paper later when it goes on sale from the CSSE office). There's only so much they can tell you anyway.

Now it's just a waiting game... :D
Last edited by First-timer on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now