Waiting, waiting, waiting ........

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Silver29

Waiting, waiting, waiting ........

Post by Silver29 »

Is it just me or is everyone else thinking about the results? I was fine from middle December - Christmas organization and the search for a Wii certainly took my mind off the 11+. Now I am wishing time away - very sad - who is this woman? The 11+ has turned me into a neurotic. To the outside world I am calm and collected, "11+ results? Oh we don't find out until March. So much to do before then. Maybe I'll be slightly aprehensive the week before." Yeah right!!
This site has become my confessional ramblings of a mad woman.

So roll on 3rd March - let's hope the e-mail system works effectively.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

REHAB welcomes new visitors! It started a year ago with one mum's posting along similar lines to yours! Everyone welcome ...
Bwinkie

Post by Bwinkie »

We are just not talking about it and have almost forgotten about it.

Can see the week before the 3rd March being nail biting though :lol:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I have just happened upon your post Silver29, you are NOT alone. What you wrote made me smile!!!
I feel the same as you. Not sure when your DS or DD took their test, but my DS had his on Oct 6th and the wait is excrutiating!! Only about 8 weeks to go now...only...
At least we have two independent school exams and interviews to go through in the meantime...argh!!
Green Fingers

Post by Green Fingers »

I know just how you feel as we went through this last year. I was ok (ish) up until the 1st March and then the nerves really kicked in. Stupid really as there's nothing anyone could have done to change the outcome. I made the mistake of not ticking the email notification box so had to wait an extra day. In the end I couldn't wait for the postman (ours doesn't come until mid afternoon) so I went to the post office at 8am and begged/pleaded/cajoled them to give me our post. Thankfully it was good news and it did mean my daughter was not the only one at her school not to know the outcome.

Good luck to everyone waiting for 1st March.
essex-mum18

Post by essex-mum18 »

We are not thinking of it too much at the moment but try to focus on the music scholarship audition and the independent exam in 2 weeks time.

However, I am sure after the audition and exam. I will SECRETLY ( not let my d husband and son know) do the count down until March. I know it sounds silly but just cannot help it.

One of my friends told me that she was fine during Dec but recently she has had dreams about the 11+. We both smiled and thought more dreams will probably come when March is approaching??!
chewy

Post by chewy »

You are not alone it is always at the back of my mind and on my calender telling me its 56 days/sleeps how sad is that.
Silver29

Post by Silver29 »

I feel better already! :wink:
chewy

Post by chewy »

Im glad you feel better, this place certainly puts a smile on your face while we wait for the day. I tried to stay away and put the whole 11+ to the back of mind. Telling myself its all over and I cant change anything and not to stress so much :roll: and yet I find myself back here scanning the boards to see if someone has found a way to get the results early!!! I will end up in a padded cell before long drooling in the corning saying 11+ over and over again I think I need to get some proffesional help. : :x
Silver29

Post by Silver29 »

Chewy

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I keep checking the Forum too, just in case an expert hacker has obtained all the results!! :oops: I wish we could be given the results before the allocations like some other counties. Then, at least we would know if our children had a reasonable chance or not!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now