Brentwood interview

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Gracienick

Brentwood interview

Post by Gracienick »

My eldest DD (aged 13) took an entrance exam for Brentwood a few weeks ago for entry into year 10 (their 4th year). We received a letter yesterday asking for her to go for a brief interview (30 mins) next friday where she will meet separately with two senior members of staff.

Anyone got any idea what this might mean (is it usually a formality for instance or a borderline thing) and what sorts of things do they ask at these interviews?

(She is not scholarship material BTW so we know it's not about that.)

Thanks!
moved

Post by moved »

Hi I've sent you a pm. I will know more later today. If you wouldn't mind could you let me know how it all went so that future forum members will have a bit more information.
Gracienick

Post by Gracienick »

OK just got back with DD- she was quite pleased with how it went. It struck me that it's quite usual for pupils wanting to enter the school in years 8,9 and 10 who have done well enough in the tests to be asked for interview as a matter of course. They were interviewing older pupils all day. The year 7 entrants offers all came out earlier this week and my other DD was offered a place on the test alone.

Questions included:

What are you reading at the moment?
Why do you want to come to this school/ what would you miss about your current school?
What do you think this school has to offer you?
Which subjects are you interested in? (she will be going into options year)
What extra curricular activities are you involved in outside school?
What extra curricular opportunities do you think you might get involved in here?
Talked about the entrance exam results and an area of weakness that showed up- how would she overcome this difficulty? Reasons for the weakness.
Asked if she had any questions about the school.
HTH

Now we just have to wait for a letter which might not be for ten days as it's half term next week!
moved

Post by moved »

Fingers crossed for you both. Thanks for the help for future members.
Gracienick

Post by Gracienick »

Just got the letter- didn't expect it till Tuesday as it's half term. Can't quite believe it but she got in!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

That is great news!
Congrats :D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Oh well done Gracienick's DD!!

An excellent achievement and one of which she should be justifiably proud!! :D :D :D
moved

Post by moved »

Congratulations and well done to your DD1 and DD2. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now