KEGS or Chelmsford CCHS question/answers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

marigold wrote: The Chelmsford Girl's school does not do them
They have just started doing them.My daughter in year 7 did them the first full week of term.The results were not reported back but I suppose one could ask but I didn't really see the need for me to know.It's really for the school's own monitoring.
moved

Post by moved »

No tests at KEGS, the boys have a great day making things explode and generally having fun.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Thanks All! Looking forward to the induction day again without the thought of yet more tests. :D
schoolteacher

laptops

Post by schoolteacher »

Hi all

Do the girls need to ever take in personal laptops to school? CCHS in particular. Is there anything that is not mentioned in the intro pack that they do need and will cost a bit so I can start thinking about it!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Can;t imagine having to take personal laptops in to school! Lots of families haven't got them. Some GS hire out netbooks / tablets for the kids to use at home and school
marigold

Post by marigold »

Hi,

Never even a hint that they might need a personal lap top so don't worry.
There is large IT suite at the school and the girls can print out work done at home on the school printer, up to a certain number of sheets obviously.

The school does assume a computer at home though as all the school messages etc come through email. You can get paper copies from the office if you need to.
I do the dastardly thing of forwarding all the forms that need printing out to my husband at work so his work place pays for the printer ink. It is the NHS, so all the funds come from the same place anyway I like to tell myself.
DA

Question about Kegs

Post by DA »

Thanks very much for all your contributions so far, they've been very useful.

I want to know how the boys are allocated into classes. Can they chhose to be in thesame class as their friends? DS will be going to kegs with 2 of his friends.

He'll also be going to the easter sports with his friends. We want them to familiarise themselves to the fact that they are no more babies and as such have to find their way to school by bus and train!!
moved

Post by moved »

DS was put into a class of children by surname and language option.
kegsteacher

Post by kegsteacher »

Forms used to be organised by surname alone, then surname and language option two or three years ago until it became obvious that it was unbalancing in racial terms. So now it is only language option.

If you have a strong preference I advise you to contact the school. They have certainly taken things into account before (family history etc.).
TP123

Post by TP123 »

On the topic of language options: Is German easier than French? DS has been doing French in primary school for 3 years and does not enjoy it - so wants to give German a go. But given that they have to do the GCSE in Year 9 - i wonder it if makes more sense to choose French.

What do you think?

Also, how many year 7 classes are there.

Thanks for all your valuable input. Not sure what I would have done if I never found this website.