KEGS or Chelmsford CCHS question/answers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KB

Post by KB »

Would recommend German -

new start if he hasn't been enjoying French

generally only takes a couple of terms of Year 7 for those who haven't studied French before to catch up with those who have so doesn't seem to make much odds

German does seem to suit those with logical minds better than French so if he doesn't get on with French he will almost certainly find German easier
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Thank you KB!!
DA

Kegs

Post by DA »

I'm sorry to ask, but our school uniform bill came to £320 is this too much or about right? Anyway to cut the cost down?
moved

Post by moved »

Don't buy the jumper. I'll ask DS what else he doesn't use. The jumper is stiff and scratchy.
marigold

Post by marigold »

My bill arrived at the weekend, £197.00.

I thought I had paired it down to the bare minimum, avoiding anything that could be bought from M and S and with only one" luxury", the orthopaedic back pack.

I was quite shocked I must admit as I had managed to get practically all my daughters uniform for the girl's school second hand and for about half of that. Very glad I did as they are changing it this year and I will have to go out and buy it all again even though she has not yet grown out of it.

I, too would be grateful for any tips on things which can be left off the list. I will certainly be sending my husband along to the fitting with his cheque book rather than mine.
moved

Post by moved »

The shirts were not as good as M and S. Trousers just have to be plain black Tesco £5 seem fine.

We are on backpack no 2 for DS as the strap came off (they blamed him and I was inclined to agree). DD has one too but the straps have come unstitched. She definitely does not throw hers around. I won't buy another one.
DA

Post by DA »

Is it too late to ammend the order now? I'd love to.
DA

Post by DA »

Thanks very much for the tips!!!
moved

Post by moved »

Interestingly, they don't shower after sport so the towel has only been used once!
Everything else has been used. The black sport top doesn't seem to be essential, but he has worn it when it was very cold.
TP123

Re: KEGS or Chelmsford CCHS question/answers

Post by TP123 »

July 6th is induction day for the boys. Originally DH and I were going. But then thought it was better just for me to take time off work and take him along with other boys and mums from school. Last night I started to have a dilemma about whether DH should be there too. (he originally wanted to come and then I convinced him that there was not point both of us taking time off work).

For those who have been to the induction day before - what do you suggest? Is this a mum and dad event or do you think it doesn't matter so long as one parent is there to meet and greet the teachers and gather the information provided on the night.

Thanks!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now